Mothering Forum banner

PDX December doot-dee-doo

6K views 164 replies 25 participants last post by  lmonter 
#1 ·
Just starting this thread in the hopes that someone will come share with me the kind of juicy details we don't want to share in more expansive communities.

Like how insane my hormones have been since getting AF back.

Or how doing a little yardwork is a constant panic situation as my baby runs straight for the concrete with her little face destined to come in contact with it for... what, the 6th time in the last four weeks?

Or how my 3 year old is my best friend.

What can you say here that you wouldn't want to say elsewhere?

See less See more
#2 ·

Umm I would'nt say any other location that I am still gushing with every period. Though this month it was only 2 days with a tampon change every half hour compared to the three days straight last month. But my period also showed up a week earlier so maybe that had something to do with it.

And kind of funny that the one day I said to myself I haven't been over to MDC in a while is the same day you started this. lol

#4 ·
My period consists of a light day, a day of feeling like I've been kicked in the crotch, and then comes the GUSH for about two days, then like three days of taper off. My body has never done less than 7 days. Lots of bloating and bad skin, yay. Oh, and the first day of my period I decided it was a good day to wax my legs... not so much. I forgot how sensitive my skin would be. OUCH. It's just that I don't often get the chance to de-hairify myself and might actually use the gym membership that Cliff got us with his money "earned" by not smoking if I wasn't so darn hairy.

*Sigh*

I don't know why I was just dying to talk about such things.

You'll get there Sara! or at least take notes on your calendar!

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
My period consists of a light day, a day of feeling like I've been kicked in the crotch, and then comes the GUSH for about two days, then like three days of taper off. My body has never done less than 7 days. Lots of bloating and bad skin, yay. Oh, and the first day of my period I decided it was a good day to wax my legs... not so much. I forgot how sensitive my skin would be. OUCH. It's just that I don't often get the chance to de-hairify myself and might actually use the gym membership that Cliff got us with his money "earned" by not smoking if I wasn't so darn hairy.

*Sigh*

I don't know why I was just dying to talk about such things.

You'll get there Sara! or at least take notes on your calendar!
hehe that calender started getting kind of private, actually. so i yanked all of yous permissions

sorry to hear about the funky cycles.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post
Oh, I am glad I am not the only one with the kicked in the crotch feeling....yyeouch. I hate that.

What calendar is this, Sara?

(Gee, I haven't posted here in a looooooong time.)
i started tracking people's periods to see if we were a real tribe
and it was a shared calender, so other people were using it too for a few months there.

#8 ·
I decided to google the kicked in the crotch feeling (labia majora pain) and the best I found was someone mentioning the pain possibly resulting from previous nerve damage in the area, and increased blood flow stimulates those damaged nerves resulting in pain. Makes sense to me, having pushed babies through there and all. It's hard to find any information that doesn't involve itching and burning.

I'm in sync with the moon!

I'm sad for all the sad mamas tonight...
just wish there was something I could do.

#11 ·
Yay, period talk!
My cycle is all kinds of screwd. Starts off spotting for 3 days, then stops altogether for a couple days, then flows like a mutha for a couple days, then trickles for a few more, then spots for a few more. Used to add up to 2 weeks. Lately it is 10 days. I would be ecstatic to have a period that is less than 10 days. The blank spot in the middle was gone for the last couple cycles
, and then came back in the most recent (which ended yesterday). Oh, and the last couple months I got it a week early.
I get so bloated for the day or two beforehand, I almost think I'm pregnant. I've been taking stuff for my thyroid though and it is getting more normal. At least my PMS insanity is more normal and the crazy heavy flow went away.

I sometimes get the kicked in the crotch feeling. I also get cramps down the front of my thighs, but that has happened since I was a teenager. Seems like after baby #2, I can feel when I ovulate and it isn't fun.

#12 ·
Wow, so all these years of me being jealous you PDX gals had ginormous threads, and this is what the hubbub was about?

I just want to jump in as I'll be southwest of PDX at some point within the next year. Hopefully. And I need friends, so getting a jumpstart on that wouldn't hurt my cause (or the kids, otherwise they'll drive me bonkers!). So anybody want to be my friend? As sadly Sesame Street as that sounds...

I'd almost prefer my mittleschmertz to being kicked in the cervix and having not so much control over my bladder (well, to be more accurate, someone kicking my bladder). Mostly just the timing of this whole thing is insane, but eh. Whatcha gonna do.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by cellarstella View Post
Oh, and the first day of my period I decided it was a good day to wax my legs... not so much. I forgot how sensitive my skin would be. OUCH. It's just that I don't often get the chance to de-hairify myself and might actually use the gym membership that Cliff got us with his money "earned" by not smoking if I wasn't so darn hairy.
My period just ended.
This a.m. I finally grabbed five minutes of privacy to deal with my upper lip with the nasty epilator machine but dh decided he must shower before I could really finish up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post
Oh, and the last couple months I got it a week early.
I get so bloated for the day or two beforehand, I almost think I'm pregnant.
Me too, early and with serious pms/pg symptoms. I get my hopes up that maybe I am actually pg but no! it is just a week of hell.

I wouldn't be posting this stuff just anywhere! I'm on mdc quite a bit in other areas since the local posts are sparse.

#14 ·
I shout "woohoo!" when I see that blood every month. I never ever ever ever want to be pregnant again. At least that's how I feel right now
. Still working on the BC thing... I think I'll try an IUD. I've got an appointment with Planned Parenthood to find out how much it's going to cost me. It's particularly important as my crazy hormones are peaking during ovulation. I haven't had drive like this since before Maddy!

I'm so relieved! We went to the gym tonight and Amelia had a great time in the daycare. She actually ran from me after I came in to get her! That little stinker. Maddy cried when we left, which I expected. We're getting the kids club memberships for sure.

I made lasagna before I went and set the oven to shut off after cooking, so we came home to a dinner that was perfect temperature ready to eat! Digital oven timers are the best.

I can't figure out if I get PMS or if I just have bad days... we had a pretty bad fight a few months ago that was 2 days before my period, though, and it was me that initiated it, though Cliff was ready to burst too. Man, that was a doozy. Maddy still talks about it now and then.

#15 ·
Do you know that before this pregnancy, I haven't had a period since May 2005?

I still am scratching my head to that one......

#16 ·
are we already dead?

i am sooo effing tired between Nico being up all night and work stress keeping me up. i didn't even have a chance to *almost* go to sleep before Nico would sit up or ask for water or just lay there being wakeful and sick. he did manage to melt my heart, though. after sleeping for 10 minutes or so he bolted up and whimpered, "oh no, momma, I didn't get you your dress." i assured him that it was ok, but he tearfully repeated "but, but, but i didn't get your dress." it was so sweet; he had wanted to get me a dress when he and ryan went xmas shopping the day before, but they hadn't been able to find one.

anyway, i am looking forward to that nearly-high sensation of finally hitting the bed tonight.

and finally, this busy busy month is reminding me how many people i'm missing. and of course, since everyone is so busy it's a real challenge to make any plans with the people i'm missing! stinkin' holidays. maybe we should plan a february cake party to beat back the doldrums.

#17 ·
No its not going to die!

So what would you think if someone sent this to you via message on FB after you sent a friend request?

I dont just anybody as a friend. I am very paticular about who I associate with, so if you can give me 10 good reasons why I should add you as a friend I may consider doing so.

This person is the spouse of someone who hangs out with your DH at least 3 times a week (if not more!), we have watched their kids when they got into a bind, our dd and their dd are good friends and have sleepovers at least 2 or 3 times a month (at both our house and theirs), and her husband and kids came to our house for thanksgiving. I am friends with her DH on FB and Joe is friends with both of them. Its not like I don't know her. Umm little weird or am I reading way to much into this?

#18 ·
Yikes, Sara! I hope Nico sleeps better soon so you can, too! I complain about my kid's not sleeping when it happens, but honestly it doesn't happen that much. I very nearly take it for granted that I get enough sleep most nights.

It was nice to to see you Saturday night!

February is my birthday month... I like cake...
Maybe by that time we'll have it in us to whip up some cakes, but I would so not be into it right now. Cliff wants to make a MAJOR purchase for Maddy for x-mas and it's stressing me out because I want to give presents to other people, too. He wants to buy her a touchscreen computer and found a cool one for only $500. I'm trying to get him to push it off until she turns 4.

Ericka, that's so bizarre that you haven't had a period in that long and you still got pregnant... that's some crazy timing if you were just about to get the cycle back when you conceived. Total puzzler!

As much as a pain as it can be, I'm glad to have AF back. There's a sense of security in having a big obvious cycle marker and a reminder that I'm not pregnant and that I don't have a newborn anymore. It's a bit liberating, really.

#19 ·
I would ignore it and not be friends with her. Wow! What a .. ermmm.. oh this isn't facebook.

Why is it her DH and kids came to your house for thanksgiving. You didn't mention her? It doens't sound you guys really associate with her much at all. I wonder if there is a reason for that. (On her end I am sure.)

Gotta get those kids to bed.

Oh and imagine my surprise Allison when the thread didn't start with this post.. hehe

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by exquisitebones View Post
also. my signature is gone
I dont like that...
When they changed the signature rules a while ago they deleted all of them. There was a notice up top to save it if you wanted to keep it. You can add it back you just can't link in them anymore.

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aniT View Post
I would ignore it and not be friends with her. Wow! What a .. ermmm.. oh this isn't facebook.

Why is it her DH and kids came to your house for thanksgiving. You didn't mention her? It doens't sound you guys really associate with her much at all. I wonder if there is a reason for that. (On her end I am sure.)

Gotta get those kids to bed.

Oh and imagine my surprise Allison when the thread didn't start with this post.. hehe
I friend requested her not her me. I thought that being that our DH's are so close we could try and get to know each other better you know. She talks of us doing stuff together but nothing ever happens with it. Her DH and kids are great! At Thanksgiving we invited them all and she chose to stay home alone while DH and the kids came here. In her defense she does work a lot so she may have just wanted some time alone.

Tina lol nope I didn't start it, it was here all ready. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by exquisitebones View Post
Is it sad that I only logged in so I could see what Allison was trying to say on Facebook. HAHAH. HI
long time no MDC .lol
I know huh, I go weeks and then realize wow I haven't been on MDC in a while.

#26 ·
Laura want to talk about timing?

I stopped nursing campbell after her 3rd bday on June 25 between the 25th and the 4th of july...I HAD to ovulate right after and conceive right after...I mean right after I quit breastfeeding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.