January in PDX - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 01-10-2010, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I guess I'll start it since no one else has and some of you ladies are continuing discussions in the dec thread.

How is everyone doing? I had the pleasure of meeting not one, but TWO mdc mamas in person today! Danita and Nicole!! It was so great to meet you both!

Karyn, wife to Colby partners.gif (9/4/04) and homeschooling mama to Ryan notes2.gif (3/11/08), Tyler jog.gif h20homebirth.gif (7/15/10), and a new little bean pos.gif (10/24/12)! familybed2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gifintactlact.gif saynovax.gif

#2 of 21 Old 01-11-2010, 04:26 PM

Thought I'd join in with you guys this month. I only joined MDC a month ago.

Christa ~ Mom to Hannah (5), Keira (3) & Lexi (17 months)

HBA2C mama

Student doula

#3 of 21 Old 01-12-2010, 01:38 PM

just subbing.

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
#4 of 21 Old 01-15-2010, 08:37 PM

not so chatty this month eh?? just popping in to see if anyone had been posting.

yyyaaaaay friday!!!!!
#5 of 21 Old 01-19-2010, 02:13 AM

Hi! I'm Erinne and I have an almost 6 month old little girl named Ada. We have lived in Portland for 2 years, but I don't know a lot of families with babies. Does anyone know of any playgroup type things for babies, preferably close-in (we're NW, like PGE Park-ish) and free? Or if any of you would like to hang out sometime, that'd be great too!
#6 of 21 Old 01-19-2010, 10:57 AM

Well, it's certainly easy to respond to every single post this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakaryn08 View Post
I guess I'll start it since no one else has and some of you ladies are continuing discussions in the dec thread.

How is everyone doing? I had the pleasure of meeting not one, but TWO mdc mamas in person today! Danita and Nicole!! It was so great to meet you both!
Lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Christa* View Post
A good thing too, our little pdx tribe is desperately lacking warm bodies these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowEarthFaerie View Post
just subbing.
How are you holding up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
not so chatty this month eh?? just popping in to see if anyone had been posting.

yyyaaaaay friday!!!!!
What is this friday you speak of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by July09Mama View Post
Hi! I'm Erinne and I have an almost 6 month old little girl named Ada. We have lived in Portland for 2 years, but I don't know a lot of families with babies. Does anyone know of any playgroup type things for babies, preferably close-in (we're NW, like PGE Park-ish) and free? Or if any of you would like to hang out sometime, that'd be great too!
Hi! I've seen some playgroups for that age posted on urbanmamas but haven't paid very close attention. I'm trying to think of any NW mamas I know from around here, could it be that I'm don't know of any? Odd!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#7 of 21 Old 01-19-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Forum crashing, kind of...

I don't live in Portland anymore (le sigh), but when I did live there I found the most awesome group of moms through www.playgroupsusa.com. There are generally lots of playgroups in your kid's age-range and you can sort by general area (i.e. NW, SW, SE... you get the picture). I lived in the Pearl district at the time and even though we took turns hosting, I never had to travel very far (and PDX's public transit system is so amazing... double sigh).

Portland, I miss you!
#8 of 21 Old 01-19-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
How are you holding up?
I'm doing pretty well, all things considered. I go in for my u/s in a couple of hours. We aren't planning on finding out the gender this time, so just making sure everything is ok. I have my first prenatal appt on Monday.

My only real complaint right now is the fact that I am so freaking over living in this house. I can rarely use the computer, can't use the oven or stove, so all our food is microwaved or cold. I hate having to get dressed in the middle of the night just so that I can go down the hall to pee. I'm just done. I'm so close to asking my mom if we can stay with her for awhile. Ugh.

How are you doing?

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
#9 of 21 Old 01-19-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
I'm doing pretty well, all things considered. I go in for my u/s in a couple of hours. We aren't planning on finding out the gender this time, so just making sure everything is ok. I have my first prenatal appt on Monday.

My only real complaint right now is the fact that I am so freaking over living in this house. I can rarely use the computer, can't use the oven or stove, so all our food is microwaved or cold. I hate having to get dressed in the middle of the night just so that I can go down the hall to pee. I'm just done. I'm so close to asking my mom if we can stay with her for awhile. Ugh.

How are you doing?
oh, a surprise baby! i wonder whatch'll get

that doesn't sound super fun to me. would everyone be agreeable to staying with mom? are there other options for you guys?

#10 of 21 Old 01-20-2010, 01:47 AM

Allison wife and mom to four. 

#11 of 21 Old 01-20-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
oh, a surprise baby! i wonder whatch'll get

that doesn't sound super fun to me. would everyone be agreeable to staying with mom? are there other options for you guys?
U/s went well. We got some not great pictures. The tech agreed to keep the gender a secret and said that she didn't even look at "that area", but after "that area", she kept saying "his" instead of "the baby's". I'm hoping that it was just her (bad) way of keeping it neutral and that she wasn't actually revealing anything. I guess we will see.

The kids would love to stay with my mom, Lucky...not so much. And besides the fact that it would involve cramming all of us into one bedroom instead of two, I don't think that it would be all that much better there. The freedom would be nice, yes, but the kids really like their school here.
We'll just deal with it for now.

Thanks for listening.

#12 of 21 Old 01-21-2010, 02:51 AM

Congrats on the new baby, Rainbow!
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. The urbanmamas calendar is great! We checked out a new playgroup yesterday (actually, it was kinda a bust, but oh well) and went to the People's farmers' market today. Busy days are so good for us; Ada completely crashed at 8 and has been asleep ever since and I'm getting ready to join her.
Anyway, just wanted to stop back in and say thanks. Hope you all have a great weekend.
#13 of 21 Old 01-21-2010, 01:35 PM

Wow Eliza you'd think she'd be an expert at keeping it neutral grrr. i hope it's still a surprise for you. maybe that was her way of guaranteeing a surprise lol

bleh, one room = no good. i wish there was an easier answer for you.

Quote:
Congrats on the new baby, Rainbow!
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. The urbanmamas calendar is great! We checked out a new playgroup yesterday (actually, it was kinda a bust, but oh well) and went to the People's farmers' market today. Busy days are so good for us; Ada completely crashed at 8 and has been asleep ever since and I'm getting ready to join her.
Anyway, just wanted to stop back in and say thanks. Hope you all have a great weekend.
oh, we love people's farmer market. maybe we will join you one of these wednesdays (as in, not next wednesday).

#14 of 21 Old 01-25-2010, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

I had my first prenatal appt with my midwife last Wednesday at 14 weeks and got to hear the . Having an u/s in probably 4 weeks or so. I can't wait to find out the gender!

Karyn, wife to Colby partners.gif (9/4/04) and homeschooling mama to Ryan notes2.gif (3/11/08), Tyler jog.gif h20homebirth.gif (7/15/10), and a new little bean pos.gif (10/24/12)! familybed2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gifintactlact.gif saynovax.gif

#15 of 21 Old 01-25-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamakaryn08 View Post
I had my first prenatal appt with my midwife last Wednesday at 14 weeks and got to hear the . Having an u/s in probably 4 weeks or so. I can't wait to find out the gender!
Yeah! My big u/s is in 4 wks too, although I am 16 wks. Who is your midwife? I'm using Ellie & Heather.

Christa ~ Mom to Hannah (5), Keira (3) & Lexi (17 months)

HBA2C mama

Student doula

#16 of 21 Old 01-26-2010, 04:09 AM

wave
Hi everyone!
Hi Sara and Jessica and Eliza!
Just popping in to say hi and see if anything was happening around here.... It feels kind of awesome and retro getting to use the smilies again

I'm actually just sitting here waiting to see if I get a stomach virus Sophia had something last Monday, Shawn got it today Sophia and I are flying out to see my family on Thursday so I have two more days to pack for the big move and pack for my trip. Really hoping not to get sick on the plane or actually at all

Eliza - I'm glad the pregnancy is going well. Sorry about the housing situation. Are you living with Lucky's family still?

Sara - I heard Jennifer's Body is really good. Havn't seen it yet, have you?
#17 of 21 Old 01-26-2010, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah! My big u/s is in 4 wks too, although I am 16 wks. Who is your midwife? I'm using Ellie & Heather.
Oh I considered them and I love them! So easy going and casual! But it came down to cost because we're paying out of pocket. I'm using Mary Bernabe. She lives in Yacolt, WA.

#18 of 21 Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM

Awww Pauline like you said I love these old smilies!!

There are so many mommas pregnant and due around June/July! How exciting! :

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#19 of 21 Old 01-27-2010, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
Awww Pauline like you said I love these old smilies!!

There are so many mommas pregnant and due around June/July! How exciting! :
I knew Christa was nearby but didn't realize you were, too! Awesome!

#20 of 21 Old 01-29-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Hi Christa! :

Quote:

How are you doing?
Ugh. That would drive me insane, too.

Hey, Pauline and Sara! We should get together soon! Miss you guys!
#21 of 21 Old 02-04-2010, 10:04 PM

Me too. Hedy, clear out your PM box! Jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy B. View Post
Hi Christa! :

Ugh. That would drive me insane, too.

Hey, Pauline and Sara! We should get together soon! Miss you guys!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page