Group Health Family doctor at Northgate in Seattle? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2010, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've recently changed our insurance to group health, and I now realize that continuing with our naturopathic family doctor isn't going to work. So I'm looking to switch to a group health family doctor, preferably at the Northgate clinic. Does anyone have a doctor they like there? This is really for my 11 month old daughter, so I could see a pediatrician too but they seem to have only 2 peds and I like the idea of one doctor for the whole family.

I prefer a doctor who is not going to give me grief about my choice to selectively vaccinate my daughter on an alternate schedule. More importantly, I want someone trustworthy and kind who is conservative about drugs in general. And of course someone supportive of extended breastfeeding and AP practices.

If you have had negative experiences with any family doctor or pediatrician at Northgate GH, please PM me since you're not really supposed to defame anyone on this public message board.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2010, 03:29 PM

I don't have any family doctor suggestions. However Dr. Fred Kassab at the Northgate clinic was our pediatrician and he is awesome! He is a great doctor and never gave me any trouble about not vaccinating. We actually just had to switch to a different insurance plan and are no longer with Group Health and I will really miss having him as my children's doctor.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Great- thanks so much for the advice!
Old 01-29-2010, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

I just made my appointment with Dr. Crocker, sort of blindly (his profile seems cool), so I'm hoping it works out! I've had really bad experiences with doctors in Washington DC (where I"m from) but so far not in Seattle.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Update (in case anyone reads this who has the same question): Dr. Crocker is fine. Really nice, mellow guy, seems totally competent and practical. I like that he seems a bit conservative about using drugs/tests/etc. He was completely gaga over my baby, and is definitely pro-extended bf, which is reassuring. Nothing else really came up- he didn't ask me how she was sleeping or seem worried about BLW. My anti-doctor DH even went to see him and really liked him, probably because he praised my DH's good health (he is ridiculously healthy, so he can afford to not like doctors).

User Tag List