Experience with Swedish Ballard Midwives (Seattle) or Puget Sound Birthcenter in Kirkland? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-20-2010, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am moving from San Francisco to Seattle in March and will need to change my OB healthcare provider in my third trimester. :P (My little boy is due May 11th-ish) . I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Midwives @ Swedish Ballard or with Puget Sound Birth Center in Kikland (Specifically Heike Doyle, Andrea Henderson,& Nicole Donovan of Eastside Midwives who have room in their practice for a mom with my due date.) I really want to take a natural approach to childbirth and avoid meds and non-essential medical interventions if possible. If you have any information about these providers or can recommend others in the Seattle / Bellevue area that are supportive of this type of birth and environment, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much,

Moving Mom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-21-2010, 12:53 AM

This may be too far for you, but my sister had two fabulous unmedicated births with the midwives at Group Health in Seattle. I know she was considering a MW group in Kirkland - maybe the one you're asking about - but it was too far for her. With her first birth w/ Group Health she pushed for 7 hours (yikes!) - tried all sorts of different positions etc, they finally had the doc come in and try a couple pulls with the vacuum, which did the trick. Then the OB stepped aside and let the MW catch the baby. They figure anywhere else she would have surely been sent for a c-section hours before. Her second birth was much easier and was with the same group.

Mom to James (ribboncesarean.gif 5/2006), Claire (vbac.gif 6/2008), furry kitties Calvin and Bob, and wife to Dennis. 

#3 of 3 Old 01-22-2010, 07:06 PM

moving to Finding Your Tribe... good luck and happy birthing!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page