Anyone live on Hayden Island? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-19-2010, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're waiting for the sale of our house to go through so that we can move out to Hayden Island next month. I looked around online, and haven't seen anything about parents out there. We are going to be living on a sailboat at Tomahawk Bay Marina.

I would love to get to know other moms in that area! I have an almost 6 year old girl and an almost 3 year old boy. We unschool, so I would love to find some other HSing families, as well.

Thanks!!

Nicole | Mom to Ciara & Oliver | Finally living aboard & loving it!
#2 of 7 Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlegal View Post
We're waiting for the sale of our house to go through so that we can move out to Hayden Island next month. I looked around online, and haven't seen anything about parents out there. We are going to be living on a sailboat at Tomahawk Bay Marina.

I would love to get to know other moms in that area! I have an almost 6 year old girl and an almost 3 year old boy. We unschool, so I would love to find some other HSing families, as well.

Thanks!!
Well, I live right South of Delta Park- about 2 or 3 miles from Hayden Island... I could be there in a few minutes, I'm close I think there are some housing developments near the island, off MLK and Marine... but on the island, I don't think as many kids- though surely try the mall to start: carosel, Barnes & Noble/Starbucks...
#3 of 7 Old 02-22-2010, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Great!! I will definitely get ahold of you after we are settled in. I'd love to meet up How old is/are your kid(s)?

We just visited the marina on Sunday, and the guy giving us a tour said there were some families with young kids living there, so

#4 of 7 Old 02-23-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Great!! I will definitely get ahold of you after we are settled in. I'd love to meet up How old is/are your kid(s)?

We just visited the marina on Sunday, and the guy giving us a tour said there were some families with young kids living there, so
I have a newly 5yo boy. But we are in school in the AM, and PM attitudes are iffy. He's real spirited and not always easy about playing with others when he doesn't know the others. It's like pulling teeth to get him to go out right now... though he does like the carosel. And target. Got to love cart escalators
#5 of 7 Old 02-23-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottiew View Post
I have a newly 5yo boy. But we are in school in the AM, and PM attitudes are iffy. He's real spirited and not always easy about playing with others when he doesn't know the others. It's like pulling teeth to get him to go out right now... though he does like the carosel. And target. Got to love cart escalators
No worries! My daughter is also a spirited one, but she's very friendly with other kids, and kinda 'gets' those who are sensitive. So, we'll see I'll post something here probably once we move, and try to get to meet some others. I know a lot of the moms are not on here anymore, though.

Do you have a FB? I use that much more; mine is facebook.com/nicole.murray

#6 of 7 Old 03-09-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
No worries! My daughter is also a spirited one, but she's very friendly with other kids, and kinda 'gets' those who are sensitive. So, we'll see I'll post something here probably once we move, and try to get to meet some others. I know a lot of the moms are not on here anymore, though.

Do you have a FB? I use that much more; mine is facebook.com/nicole.murray
nah, i really don't like fb. seriously. i may be the only person alive who thinks it's god-awfully annoying in every way imagineable and then some. i have to use it at work and i still don't get it one bit- and i don't think i should have to spend time to 'get it'. maybe it's cause i started online in the days of usenet and newsgroups, im more of a forum person cause it's a conversation i can follow! i will pm you my email, tho!

i really don't know any mdc moms in nopo... i mean, they may exist and i never met them, but it always seemed like everyone was elsewhere. at least active people. but then i was always horrible at meeting up with anyone...
#7 of 7 Old 03-10-2010, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

I'll have to ask around, I think. Most of the moms around in Portland aren't as active anymore here.

And lol, FB. It's a necessary evil right now for me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page