Mothering Forum banner

VBAC after 2 cesareans in WA?

639 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DocsNemesis 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has any names of docs/midwives that may attend a VBAC after 2 cesareans in western Washington-preferably the Seattle/Eastside area.

I've had 4 vaginal births, had a cesarean with my now 19 month old due to HELLP at 32w, and ended up having another cesarean with my newborn because of failure to progress (I had PROM, 24 hours of no contractions except with pit and still no progress-baby was very high and her head was off to the side and her hands were by her face. Uncooperative booger
)

Anyway, I'm going to be having at least one more baby, since I already agreed to be a surrogate for my friend again and shes been waiting very patiently (this last baby was an oops!) and we may want one more of our own years from now. I know the risks go up with each cesarean so if I can, I'd definitely like to at least try for a VBAC again-but with this being after 2 cesareans this time, I'm afraid finding a provider will be difficult.

I do know about ICAN and I'll be checking in with them as well, but I thought I'd ask here too
Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
I am the regional coordinator for ICAN & deal with the SEA group alot. I think it's really hard unfortunatly. Sometimes some of the moms are coming down to Portland. I know my homebirth midwife will travel up to 2 hrs for a birth, so if your not too far you might check into something like that or our birtch centers if need be. They birth centers here can take you for a VBA2C, because you have had a vaginal birth.

#4 ·
Hospital or home, either way doesn't bother me and my friend leaves the birth stuff all up to me.

Honestly, if I can't find a provider here, I don't have any issue with traveling to the Portland area. I even have family in McMinville I could potentially stay with. The only hard part with that would be that I would have to leave my kids behind with my fiance and that'd kill me. But...I think I'd prefer that to another cesarean without at least trying for a VBAC. If for no other reason than the risks going up for my potential last child (if we were to decide on one more of our own)-though of course the recovery with a VBAC would be welcome too!

Hmmm...maybe I can plan to be due in the summer sometime and we could all go camping instead. I know theres a ton of campgrounds within an hour of Portland!

#5 ·
I just realized I actually really need to have an OB because the chances of me getting pre-e again are probably rather high and would risk me out of a midwife practice...and my friend just made it clear she wants me to have conventional prenatal care, which I don't find unreasonable given my history. (As I said, I had HELLP with my previous baby and I had mild pre-e with this baby but had to be on strict bedrest to keep it mild.)

I really really don't want to just sign up for another cesarean because of the risks and recovery, this just sucks having so few options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.