April Portland Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 04-24-2010, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowEarthFaerie View Post
Dr Andrews. You were one of the first people to recommend him, if I remember correctly. He's great! Not quite as optimistic about VBA3C as I'd like, but willing to work with me a bit. As a whole though, I'd have to say that he seems like a really nice guy. Very friendly....although the receptionists don't seem that bright lol
Awww yay!! I LOVED him!! He IS wonderful! Is his nurse still named Dawn? She drove me nuts, I couldn't stand her. And he must have gotten new receptionists because when I was there (4yrs ago ) they were a couple of older ladies who were on top of everything! Oh I hope you get your VBA3C!! I can't wait to hear how your birth goes!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
Awww yay!! I LOVED him!! He IS wonderful! Is his nurse still named Dawn? She drove me nuts, I couldn't stand her. And he must have gotten new receptionists because when I was there (4yrs ago ) they were a couple of older ladies who were on top of everything! Oh I hope you get your VBA3C!! I can't wait to hear how your birth goes!
I didn't catch the nurse's name, but I'm assuming it's the same one. She said she'd been there for 20 years. The receptionists were both probably early 20's.
As far as the VBA3C, it doesn't look all that promising. He isn't comfortable "letting me" go past June 10th. The whole pregnancy has been based on an EDD of June 11th, but he wants to change it to the 8th because of the u/s I had at 20 weeks. He isn't pressuring me into anything, and he said that he wouldn't rush a c/s if I showed up to the hospital at 6cm, but as he put it, "it's just not likely that you'll go into labor before your due date." I know that I always have the option of not showing up to a scheduled c/s. I'm just a little frustrated. But even after all of that, I still like HIM as a person.

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
#33 of 37 Old 04-24-2010, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Nicole, yeah, I was in McMinnville. I'm so happy to be in a city again. My kids are 6, almost 5 and almost 3.

Elizabeth, I would find another doctor. I can look around, there must be a better option then that. Have you looked into out of hospital birth. Sure the risk is not the same as vba1c, but depending on your history, it should still be very low.

Birth in OR generally offers lots of great options for pregnant women. I hope it stays that way forever!

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#34 of 37 Old 04-24-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustLia23 View Post
Elizabeth, I would find another doctor. I can look around, there must be a better option then that. Have you looked into out of hospital birth. Sure the risk is not the same as vba1c, but depending on your history, it should still be very low.

Birth in OR generally offers lots of great options for pregnant women. I hope it stays that way forever!
Well, as much as I would love to do a homebirth, it's not in the cards. There are so many reasons, but the one that it really comes down to, is this: We rent a couple of rooms in DH's friend's house. There isn't ANYWHERE for a birth tub or anything, and I don't even feel comfortable laboring here for long. I'm "doomed" to a hospital birth.
As far as finding a new doctor, I doubt I could even hope to get in with anyone at 33 weeks. I switched to this dr because he honestly is my best chance at a hospital VBA3C in this area. There are only 2 drs in the area that allow them and I can't stand the other one. He's the surgeon that cut me open the first 2 times. We don't really see eye to eye.

Elizabeth, Proud Pagan wife, and mama to DD - 10/30/01, DS1 - 01/08/04, DS2 - 03/22/07, my twin DDs -08/08 and our new little DS3 - 06/11/10
#35 of 37 Old 04-24-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I didn't catch the nurse's name, but I'm assuming it's the same one. She said she'd been there for 20 years. The receptionists were both probably early 20's.
As far as the VBA3C, it doesn't look all that promising. He isn't comfortable "letting me" go past June 10th. The whole pregnancy has been based on an EDD of June 11th, but he wants to change it to the 8th because of the u/s I had at 20 weeks. He isn't pressuring me into anything, and he said that he wouldn't rush a c/s if I showed up to the hospital at 6cm, but as he put it, "it's just not likely that you'll go into labor before your due date." I know that I always have the option of not showing up to a scheduled c/s. I'm just a little frustrated. But even after all of that, I still like HIM as a person.
Well I will be thinking good thoughts of you going into labor before your EDD.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#36 of 37 Old 04-25-2010, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well, as much as I would love to do a homebirth, it's not in the cards. There are so many reasons, but the one that it really comes down to, is this: We rent a couple of rooms in DH's friend's house. There isn't ANYWHERE for a birth tub or anything, and I don't even feel comfortable laboring here for long. I'm "doomed" to a hospital birth.
As far as finding a new doctor, I doubt I could even hope to get in with anyone at 33 weeks. I switched to this dr because he honestly is my best chance at a hospital VBA3C in this area. There are only 2 drs in the area that allow them and I can't stand the other one. He's the surgeon that cut me open the first 2 times. We don't really see eye to eye.
I'm guessing that like most mamas here, you've done your research and I'm probably beating a dead horse with this question, but have you called any of the metro area freestanding birth centers? Just to see if they would take you? I realize that 33 weeks seems WAY far along, but I think that most area midwives also know the runaround that VBAC mamas get (and understand how it could take almost a whole pregnancy). I know that their midwives attend VBACs, although I'm not sure if they do them IN the birth centers or not. But if you haven't already made those calls, please try them. Andaluz, Alma, Bella Vie, the Natural Childbirth and Family Clinic... I can get you names and numbers if you'd like.

And, if I am indeed beating the dead horse, I'm truly sorry. Just wanted to make sure he was dead

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#37 of 37 Old 04-25-2010, 02:57 AM

The bc will only deliver you as a VBAMC at home if you have never had a vaginal birth. If you have had a previous vaginal birth then they can deliver you in the bc. Stupid bc laws. There is a women in our ICAN chapter (that frequents this board in fact) that has offered up her home for women that need a place for a homebirth. My MW will attend a VBA3C, she may be full though, but it wouldn't hurt to ask if it's something your willing to look into. PM me though, since I am not on all the time.

Christa ~ Mom to Hannah (5), Keira (3) & Lexi (17 months)

HBA2C mama

Student doula

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page