midwives Everett/Seattle/Eastside - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-23-2010, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello--

I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant and looking to possibly switch midwives. I'm currently with Ali and Val at the PSBC in Kirkland but I am looking for a midwife who is a bit more laid back/less medicalized in their care if that makes sense. Without really going into my particular situation, Someone who isn't quite as strict about many requirements etc. I spoke with a woman named Charlotte Geddis today up in Everett and she seemed very nice, has anyone worked with her? Reviews??
I also plan on talking to Suzanne Thompson so if someone has opinions on her as well that would be great. Also other recommendations would be wonderful!

Thanks!!

Morgan - Wife to Eldi, Mama to 5 yr old ds Gabriel and baby Lucia, Doula -- my loves!

#2 of 9 Old 04-23-2010, 11:17 PM

Someone in a Mount Vernon thread I posted awhile back (when I thought I was moving there--I ended up in Everett) said to stay away from Charlotte Geddis: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...t=mount+vernon

I don't know why--perhaps you can PM that user and ask them?

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

#3 of 9 Old 04-24-2010, 01:28 AM

so many favorites, so little time!

jane peterson
www.communitymidwives.com

Suzanne Thompson

geraldine lee
www.fremontmidwifery.com

Brandy Ross
www.moonrisehealth.com

Let me know if you need more names!

Sharon

Birth doula, doula trainer, ican leader, lamaze childbirth educator, and most importantly, mom of 2 great girls!
#4 of 9 Old 04-24-2010, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

thank you both! It looks like Suzanne is really a big favorite! Can't wait to meet with her... Looks like Brandy Ross is another I hear a lot about so I'll give her a call too!

Thanks for linking me to that post about Charlotte. I PM'd her so hopefully she'll give me some info.

Morgan - Wife to Eldi, Mama to 5 yr old ds Gabriel and baby Lucia, Doula -- my loves!

#5 of 9 Old 04-25-2010, 06:52 AM

Medicalized? Really? I'm seeing them too and have never felt that way-- so now I'm interested in hearing about it. If you feel up to a PM about it, I'd love to hear your thoughts/experience.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#6 of 9 Old 04-25-2010, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

No, the midwives at the psbc are AWESOME. I absolutely adore them. But they are stricter on some of their policies (when they will need to transfer care to a hospital for example) because of liability than other homebirth midwives. I don't fault them for that...but they themselves told me in my situation, I might want to look elsewhere and even gave me some names. THat's how awesome they are.

#7 of 9 Old 04-25-2010, 10:23 PM

Oh okay, that makes me feel better. If there was something that needed to be on my radar, I just wanted to know about it! Thanks for your response, and I hope you find what you need! FWIW I have friends that have used Brandy Ross and Suzanne Thompson and loved them, but I can't speak for their various policies.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#8 of 9 Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 AM

I love Suzanne. She's been my midwife with all three of my kids. She has a wonderful way of being present but not in the way. My doula told me that some of the midwives in the area can tend to hover but that Suzanne gives her clients the room they need to labor. I also know that she does a decent amount of HBACs and has delivered twins and breech babies. She's amazing!

lather, rinse, repeat
#9 of 9 Old 05-01-2010, 10:23 AM

Ann Olson is all the way in Enumclaw but she does homebirths and she is so wonderful. I fully believe that if I had hired a less knowledgeable midwife, my last baby would have been a c-section, not a beautiful homebirth in front of my fireplace. She even adjusted my due date on paper so that it didn't look like I was the dreaded TWO WEEKS "overdue" and didn't mind that I refused the GD and GB tests as well as eye ointment, etc. Also, I do not like internal checks and she completely respected that. I let her check once when I was around 8 cm and once when I told her I was complete.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page