New to Boise - Midwives/OB's? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2010, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello!
I have recently moved to Boise from California. I am newly pregnant with our fourth child. I unfortunately, have had cesareans for all three of my boys. Any chances of finding a provider that will give me a chance at a vaginal birth? I attempted a homebirth with my third and made it to 7-8cm but it was during the wildfires in San Diego County in 2007 and my apartment was full of smoke and my midwives got reverse 911 calls to evacuate their homes and we all sort of panicked and went to the hospital where the OB on call absolutely refused to do anything other than give me another cesarean. I really think that had we not been freaked by the fires, I would've had a homebirth. The labor was beautiful, other than the fires. Even if I can't find a provider that will help me achieve a vaginal birth, I'd like to not schedule a cesarean and instead allow my body to go into labor and for the baby to pick the day. With that in mind, I would want my cesarean experience to be better than the first three were. So I'd really like to find an OB who is compassionate and willing to work with me on having a more positive birth experience.

Any recommendations you guys have would be much appreciated. We're also looking for a family doctor and a dentist who's good with special needs kids if you guys have any recommendations there too. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2010, 07:20 PM

I'm not sure about the VBAC's but I must recommend Dr. Carlson at http://www.obgynctr.com/providers/default.asp?id=6. He was so sweet, and kind with me. I had a lot of baggage from having crappy providers with my other two boys. He is really awesome.

We use Theresa Weiland (google her it should come up). She's a D.O. who is a general practitioner. She is awesome about whatever you do vax wise and is really big on letting you make decisions for your family.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:09 PM

treasure valley midwives

Sarah - mama to the love of my life, Aurelia Josephine, b. June 11, 2010

User Tag List