bellevue enrichment program - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-17-2010, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter is being evaluated by the Bellevue school district outside of Seattle WA and we were wondering if anyone knew anything about the programs that are offered to gifted kids. We know that there is a part-time program and a full time program which are available to you based on your scores. We are most interested in what they do in these programs. Is it primarily academic? Is the workload heavy? Is there a lot of pressure and competition? What about homework? Is there a social component?

Our DD is a happy, creative and curious kid. We are not interested in putting her into a pressure filled situation which feels like a punishment for being bright.
Would love to know what actually happens in these classrooms.

Thanks so much,
#2 of 3 Old 09-01-2010, 01:58 PM

We're looking at moving to the Bellevue area this Fall and I'm looking into the same things. Can you tell me what you've learned (I know the website stuff - looking for more personal knowledge) and what you decided on for your kiddo?
Thanks!
Tammy
#3 of 3 Old 09-15-2010, 02:39 PM

I was just talking with someone about the PRISM program on Monday

I don't really know anything about the part time program in Bellevue. I know a couple people who have done the full time program, though. Both my kids are in the full time program in Lake Washington School District and we know some kids in the part time program as well.

I know that Odle is VERY competitive in math competitions, but that is 6-8th grade so you're probably not interested in that.

What did you both decide?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page