looking for friends in kirkland/ bellevue - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Ok for some reason this forum is super glitchy for me and quotes but doesn't actually add my reply below the quote!  Ugh, it's driving me nuts!

What I wrote (I think) was that I think that was me.  :)  I'm hoping to homeschool my oldest starting next year for 1st grade.  I have 3 kiddos (2 boys and then a girl!) 6 1/2, nearly 4, and 22 months.  We're busy now with school and little league, but would love to get together for playdates this summer and next school year.  I live halfway between redmond and issaquah, east of sammamish.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#32 of 37 Old 05-11-2011, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post

Ok for some reason this forum is super glitchy for me and quotes but doesn't actually add my reply below the quote!  Ugh, it's driving me nuts!

What I wrote (I think) was that I think that was me.  :)  I'm hoping to homeschool my oldest starting next year for 1st grade.  I have 3 kiddos (2 boys and then a girl!) 6 1/2, nearly 4, and 22 months.  We're busy now with school and little league, but would love to get together for playdates this summer and next school year.  I live halfway between redmond and issaquah, east of sammamish.

It was you!  lol...

I've been working with him on some math workbooks that we have, and a reading comprehension workbook.  I am AMAZED at how self motivated he is!  I set him up with the math book, and was in the kitchen making lunch... he finished the page I started him on, and just moved right on to the next page... and then the next.  

I wonder if he'd learn more effectively (not that he was behind in public school at all) at home, where he's comfortable.  Last year in school, we had so many problems with him and his anxiety.  He peed his pants the first day of 1st grade, because he was too nervous to ask to go to the bathroom.  greensad.gif  Absolutely broke my heart... he was so embarrassed.  And he didn't pee until he was on the bus on his way home... so he held it from about 8am-4pm.  We talked to his teacher, and she told him that he didn't need to ask to go, and he could just get up, take the pass from the wall, and leave the class.  That worked out a little better, but he would still come home and tell me about how scared he was every time he had to go potty, because he was afraid he'd get lost.  He also had some issues with kids on the bus, going through his backpack and taking stuff out of it.  He's such a quiet, gentle natured kid, that he didn't feel comfortable telling them to back off... so he just sat on the bus, and let them dig through his bag... while it was on his back.  

He couldn't possibly be learning to his full ability with all of these other factors throughout his day... kwim?

DH seems to think that homeschooling him will make things worse, because he'll "never learn how to deal".  *sigh*

Xzavier - 9 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif    Julien - 5  modifiedartist.gif   Jayce - 3  moon.gif    Jaxon - 18mos  jog.gif

Hoping for a babygirl.gif in November!

#33 of 37 Old 05-20-2011, 02:40 PM

LiLStar, Maurer and anyone else- I forgot about this thread for a bit; been busy getting life going here and shtuff.. I feel so lonely today! It's beautiful out, and we played at the river and the park (that river trail park next to Jack in the Box here in Woodinville; can never remember the name of it..), and walked up to the town center... now we're home watching a movie. Going to go out and play again soon. I just really need to find some other momma's to hang out and talk with... I need to make the effort. :^p Maybe we can get together somehow? Anyone? Bueller? Man, that's played out. Sorry. *cone of shame* Anyway.. if anyone wants to get in touch and hang out with me, Dani, and my 5 year old dd Molly, then let me know! I'd put my email addy here, but methinks that might be asking for trouble.. :^p PM's are good. :^D 

We'll go out now and see if we can find some friends. MDC friends would be the best, heh. I don't know how many moms I've met in my life that I've asked if they've been on here or read Mothering before and they're all, "Uhhh.." :^p I came across the magazine for the first time when my dd was 14 months old, and I'll never forget it. All of a sudden I didn't feel so alone in my own "ways" of doing things, or whatever. Okay, enough rambling. I hope you all have a lovely day! 

~Dani

"Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion."-Thich Nhat Hanh 
#34 of 37 Old 05-20-2011, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Pmed you

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#35 of 37 Old 06-14-2011, 10:26 AM

Hi Danidama---I grew up on NoVA, but have been here in Bellevue, WA for 10 years. I don't know that we'd get out to Woodinville often enough to be a great match, but I'd love to start meeting up with folks more often, now that summer is here. I have a DS who is 6.25 and a DD who is 3.25.

Mama to DS 3/05 and DD 1/08
#36 of 37 Old 07-01-2011, 10:36 AM

hello my nane is ashley and i live in kirkland i have a 15 month old daughter who really needs some friends

#37 of 37 Old 07-26-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehome View Post

Hi Danidama---I grew up on NoVA, but have been here in Bellevue, WA for 10 years. I don't know that we'd get out to Woodinville often enough to be a great match, but I'd love to start meeting up with folks more often, now that summer is here. I have a DS who is 6.25 and a DD who is 3.25.

Where in Bellevue?  My boys are 7, 3, and almost 2... we'd love to meet up some time!  We only have one car, but we can always drop DH off at work, so that the boys and I can get out and about.

Xzavier - 9 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif    Julien - 5  modifiedartist.gif   Jayce - 3  moon.gif    Jaxon - 18mos  jog.gif

Hoping for a babygirl.gif in November!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page