looking for friends in kirkland/ bellevue - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-05-2010, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
looking for people to hang out with when i go back to being a sahm in sep! home/unschoolers would be awesome, but not required . we live in bridle trails, and will be on a TIGHT gas budget, so we'd love to meet people near us. any potential friends out there?? i have a 6.5 year old (with high functioning autism- a little slow to warm up but very sweet, and does great with preshcool aged children), and a 15 month old. both girlies, but we are not picky about the gender of our potential friends, lol. anyone out there?

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2010, 04:54 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
We just moved to Woodinville. Not quite Kirkland, but, eh, kinda close?! I have an almost 3.5 year old girl who can hold her own with older kids. She plays awesomely with her just turned 7 year old cousin. Also have a 13 month old boy. We're bored and need playmates

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 PM
kkd

Hi- I live in Sammamish- not Bellevue or Kirkland- but can meet up in Bellevue easily. I love fall weather- when we have nice clear days, so hopefully it will still be nice for getting outside and exploring different parks and playgrounds! Feel free to PM me later this fall once you have time and maybe we can meet. My DD is 12 mo.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

great! i'll have to sub this thread so i can get ahold of people when the time comes.

Leah- mama to Audrey born 12/29/03 and Gwyneth born 4/1/2009! Soon to be TTC #3!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:40 PM

Hi, we live in Redmond and are unschoolers mostly - the baby we will have to see, and my seven year old was in a coop preschool for a year. My ds loves to play with girls and is also a bit slow to warm up. Have you heard about the TPA (based in Woodinville but with meethings all around this area) yet? It has families with kids of all ages, many times of home schooling including many unschoolers. There is the Eastside Unschoolers as well, although it's not very active latelt. There is also an email yahoo group called the EastsideAP 2008 [EastsideAP2008] with moms who have kids in the 4-5 year old range mostly, although we are in it with our seven year old and 8 month old, and there are a couple other babies and toddlers.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 07-05-2010, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Hi, we live in Redmond and are unschoolers mostly - the baby we will have to see, and my seven year old was in a coop preschool for a year. My ds loves to play with girls and is also a bit slow to warm up. Have you heard about the TPA (based in Woodinville but with meethings all around this area) yet? It has families with kids of all ages, many times of home schooling including many unschoolers. There is the Eastside Unschoolers as well, although it's not very active latelt. There is also an email yahoo group called the EastsideAP 2008 [EastsideAP2008] with moms who have kids in the 4-5 year old range mostly, although we are in it with our seven year old and 8 month old, and there are a couple other babies and toddlers.
oh good, you guys are super close. tpa rings a bell- how do i get info? i'm on the eastside unschoolers list, but there is no action there so i havent really bothered with checking it out.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:11 AM

Hi, i just came across this site and this post when i was looking for other unschoolers in the bellevue/kirkland area. If you're still around, we live right around the corner from Bridle Trails and are looking for more kids to play with. My son will be 8 in Jan and has some developmental delays. He gets along well with younger kids but enjoys older kids who can get along with him. If anyone is still reading this thread and still looking for people to hang out with, we'd love to get in touch.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:22 PM

I think Leah joined the TPA. We haven't really been able to spend a lot of time together because our kids seem to go in different directions. Sigh. I know that one mom in the Eastside Unschoolers yahoo group had posted awhile back that she was going to try to start going to grasslawn park regularly (wed afternoons I think?), and she has a three (?) year old and an infant around 7 months old or so.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:16 PM

I'm not a homeschooler or unschooler, but I have a new baby born September 2010 and would love to meet local moms to try to make friends.  I live in Renton and am willing to meet up in Bellevue sometime.

Mama to Eris, born 9/21/2010! energy.gifbellyhair.gif@earthshod on Twitter.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:57 PM

There are two meetup groups in the Eastside area, one is Eastside AP and the other is Bellevue Eastside Attachment moms (Beam). They both require a commitment though -- you have to attend a certain number of meetings per month which wasn't working for us.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:12 PM

What is TPA?

Old 01-25-2011, 11:02 PM

Hello! I grew up on Bridle Trails.  :D We're over in Kirkland now tho.   

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 AM

I would love to meet up sometime with people on the Eastside area. 

Old 01-26-2011, 01:20 PM

We are going to try to go to Grasslawn park today. The Eastside Unschoolers meet there on Wednesday, although I haven't been there yet with them.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:30 PM

That's cool! I didn't know there was an unschooling group that meets there.  I can't unschool/homeschool (single parent) but I find that a lot of those people are more like-minded to myself (AP, ext.).  Grasslawn is very close to where I live. 

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

Old 01-26-2011, 05:28 PM

Well, we were there but didn't see anyone else. Guess we have to try again. You can also PM me if you want.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:08 AM

Where is grasslawn park?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post

Well, we were there but didn't see anyone else. Guess we have to try again. You can also PM me if you want.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

It's in Redmond, at the interesection of Old Redmond Road and 148th ave ne.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
Old 02-02-2011, 02:52 PM

Hi!  I know this is an older thread, but I live in Redmond on the border of Bellevue and would love to meet-up with other moms.  I'm a part of the Eastside Attachment Parenting meet-up group, but there are very few moms that have older kiddos.  I have a 5 year old that has HFA and an almost 2.5 year old that was just diagnosed PDD-NOS, both girls.  smile.gif

Old 05-04-2011, 09:05 PM

Hi, I know this is an old thread, too, but was searching for friends and kids to play with as well. :^) My dh and I have a 5 year old daughter and we moved to Woodinville, right next to the Sammamish river trail, a month ago from Va. My dh is from there, but I grew up in Seattle and went to Va 11 years ago, when I was 18! Now we are finally back home, thank goodness. I love it here so, so much. Anyway, we've basically been unschooling since dd was a baby (:^p), and she loves to play with kids of any age. We live next to one seriously awesome park, and there are a lot of families around, but it's a little overwhelming because there are just so many folks and kids, and everyone seems to have their own people they meet with and such. My dd has no problem making friends, but I want one, too! ha. Also, I'm trying to find -something- special to do, like a class of some sort for her, or both of us, and I just have no idea what... there's storytime at Barnes & Noble on Wednesday mornings, and we have tons of nature to play in all day long.. which is what we do. What I'm trying to say is that I feel like we need some connection to people and the community here, I guess. I'm pretty introverted, so this is shocking for me, but I do want it! Friends, hoorah. ;^p I've been really needing to talk to anyone about this, so thanks to whoever reads my ramblings. Maybe I'll make a thread asking about Woodinville homeschoolers or good people in general of any sort to hang out with. ;^) I don't drive, so I can't go to all the neato places everyone else probably goes! There are a lot of great places to walk to from here though, my goodness. It's awesome here. :^D 

"Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion."-Thich Nhat Hanh 
Old 05-04-2011, 10:43 PM

Ooh, Danidama, you're close to me! :) Well... for a little bit :/ Heh. We move to Kenmore this weekend. 

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 05-05-2011, 11:29 AM

Hey, LilStar :^) Thanks for replying, even though you're moving this weekend. It's not far, maybe we could walk down the trail a bit or something sometime and meet anyway. :^) Just an idea. I know people keep telling me that there are a ton of great parks along the trail from here toward Kenmore and Bothell. We love to walk, so we'll be going down (up? :^p) there soon to explore. Wilmot Gateway park is quite literally our backyard, so it's a lot of fun to get out on the trail and mess around. It's like being on a road, though.. a road of fast bicycles. :^p It was so nice yesterday! Like summer. We were out all day long and have a bit of sunburned noses and cheeks, heh. 

"Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion."-Thich Nhat Hanh 
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM

We are in Kenmore.  Maybe we could meet up at a park. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post

Ooh, Danidama, you're close to me! :) Well... for a little bit :/ Heh. We move to Kenmore this weekend. 

Old 05-05-2011, 12:25 PM

Would love to go walking on the trail! Especially if you'd humor my obsessive need to stop and look for the occasional geocache along the way :P I don't live quite as close as you, its at least a mile walk to the park. I could have dh drop me off to meet you there though (another non driver.. I'm trying to get weekly practice in though! I'm improving! I have to have my license by fall) Our lease isn't up at our place in woodinville until the end of the month, so we'll be back and forth cleaning it out and such..probably until the very last minute! (furnished rental.. UGH! bad idea. We need to put it back how it was when we moved in before the walkthrough...) so probably one of the days that we're back here working on it, its hard to get stuff done with kids around so I bet it'd work great for us to go walking towards kenmore while dh worked on it sometime soon!  

Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 PM

That sounds awesome! The geocaching and walking part, anyway. :^p We are always free, so anytime you want is cool with us. :^) My name is Dani and my dd is Molly. I saw your son's name is River, and I've been planning to name my ds (if we ever have one, that is!) River forever! I love the name itself, I love rivers and fishing, and loved River Phoenix when I was a kid. :^p Good luck with your move... I'm glad you don't have too far to go to do the back and forth stuff! Are you and your dh from Seattle or nearby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post

Would love to go walking on the trail! Especially if you'd humor my obsessive need to stop and look for the occasional geocache along the way :P I don't live quite as close as you, its at least a mile walk to the park. I could have dh drop me off to meet you there though (another non driver.. I'm trying to get weekly practice in though! I'm improving! I have to have my license by fall) Our lease isn't up at our place in woodinville until the end of the month, so we'll be back and forth cleaning it out and such..probably until the very last minute! (furnished rental.. UGH! bad idea. We need to put it back how it was when we moved in before the walkthrough...) so probably one of the days that we're back here working on it, its hard to get stuff done with kids around so I bet it'd work great for us to go walking towards kenmore while dh worked on it sometime soon!  

Old 05-06-2011, 01:04 PM

Yay, sounds like me! I'm hardly ever busy.. except like, today when I'm supposed to be cleaning and getting ready to move! Eek, we have our truck at 1:30. Hey, did you hear about the See Kai Run warehouse sale tomorrow morning? Its in Woodinville and all SKR shoes are *at least* 50% off.. SQUEEEE!!!! I'm totally going. Its from 10-3 but you really gotta get there early and line up to get the good stuff. 

Old 05-07-2011, 08:54 PM

Rachel or Dani,

We would love to meet up sometime too if you want to make more friends!  coolshine.gif

We are free most afternoons.  My son is almost 4. 

Old 05-07-2011, 10:30 PM

Maurer, we posted at almost the same time and I didn't see your earlier post!  Hope you didn't think I was ignoring you. Would love to meet up sometime! 

Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Hi there, fellow Eastside mamas!  We live in Bellevue, about a minute away from Factoria Mall.  My kiddos are 7, 3, and 20 months... ALL boys.  nut.gif

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread... not only do I need some like minded mommy friends in my life, but I'm also wanting to start homeschooling my 7yr old.  We just moved into a new house a week and a half ago... I withdrew him from school, and really, really do not want to enroll him into this new school for the remainder of the year (less than 20 days).  Someone here on MDC let me in on the fact that he does not legally have to be enrolled in any type of schooling (public, private, or home) until age 8... so I'm hoping that just by withdrawing him, I'm good to go.  Now I just need to figure out where to go from here.  

Nice to meet you all!

~Jaime

Xzavier - 9 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif    Julien - 5  modifiedartist.gif   Jayce - 3  moon.gif    Jaxon - 18mos  jog.gif

Hoping for a babygirl.gif in November!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzaviers_mama View Post

Hi there, fellow Eastside mamas!  We live in Bellevue, about a minute away from Factoria Mall.  My kiddos are 7, 3, and 20 months... ALL boys.  nut.gif

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread... not only do I need some like minded mommy friends in my life, but I'm also wanting to start homeschooling my 7yr old.  We just moved into a new house a week and a half ago... I withdrew him from school, and really, really do not want to enroll him into this new school for the remainder of the year (less than 20 days).  Someone here on MDC let me in on the fact that he does not legally have to be enrolled in any type of schooling (public, private, or home) until age 8... so I'm hoping that just by withdrawing him, I'm good to go.  Now I just need to figure out where to go from here.  

Nice to meet you all!

~Jaime

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).

User Tag List