Last minute vacation to Portland...hotel rec's? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-04-2010, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I was working Monday but just found out I am not, so DH and I have decided to plan a last minute getaway since Portland is only a few hours from us & we've been wanting to go. Any suggestions on a hotel that is less than $125 a night? We don't need anything fancy, just something clean & safe, and preferably in the walkable downtown area? I looked at a few online that said they charge for parking--is this standard?

Suggestions on any must-see cheap/free things on Sunday and Monday would be appreciated as well So far we are checking out the Saturday market, a free symphony in the park, possibly the OMSI (worth it??), Powell's book store, and Voodoo Dougnuts...maybe the Labor Day Festival on Monday, depending on if we miss our daughter too much and need to get home sooner rather than later

Single mama to S ~ 6/09

#2 of 2 Old 09-05-2010, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From what I've seen most downtown hotels do charge for parking. You could probably find someplace to park and take the MAX in though.

You can get really good deals on Hotels.com, Orbits, etc. DH and I used Orbitz and got a room at the Nines for really cheap. You often don't get to see the name of the hotel, but you should be safe with any 4 star. The Nines is the only 5 star in Portland so you can figure out easily which one it is. It's uber trendy, but fun and right downtown.

If you don't care about being downtown the McMenamins are fun- Kennedy School is near some fun artsy neighborhoods.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page