Christian/Pro life midwife in Portland or SW Washington - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 09-29-2010, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I am looking for a truly Christian and pro-life midwife in Portland, OR or Vancouver, WA - please help!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 09-29-2010, 11:51 PM

Is Olympia close enough? I think there is one down there... the name is Exodus Midwifery. I think the mw's name is Amanda.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#3 of 11 Old 09-30-2010, 02:36 PM

I am not sure if all of them at Andaluz fit your criteria or not, but I do know that at least some of their midwives are Christian and pro-life. www.waterbirth.net
When contacting a midwife, I would simply tell them what you need of them and see if that is something they can provide you with.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

#4 of 11 Old 10-04-2010, 04:01 PM

You might want to give the mother and child education center a ring, too (formerly known as birthright):

http://motherandchild-edu.org/

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

#5 of 11 Old 10-05-2010, 05:56 PM

Desiree at Bella Vie Birth Center. http://gentlebirthcenter.com/index.htm
#6 of 11 Old 10-06-2010, 02:20 AM

#7 of 11 Old 10-12-2010, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
another vote for Desiree LeFave. She's wonderful, so in tune.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#8 of 11 Old 10-13-2010, 04:46 PM

The ladies at Bella Vie have gotten a few suggestions in this thread (and rightfully so, they're wonderful!!). But I just want to point out that they would be compassionate with ANY mama, pro-life OR pro-choice. If I had read this thread before deciding on a care practitioner, I would have avoided their care, thinking that they wouldn't want pro-choice clients, or that they would have been pushing certain opinions. I just hope any other mothers reading this would understand that while they may or may not be pro-life, the issue was never even broached in my care with them. The only reason I knew anything about their personal beliefs was through my own research. It was a non-issue.

Basically, I vote too for Desiree and the Bella Vie ladies. I think you would certainly find support for your desire to continue a pregnancy. But I would also say that the most important thing for ALL mamas is that they're more focused on providing really compassionate, gentle, mama centered care, than pushing any kid of agenda.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#9 of 11 Old 10-14-2010, 03:40 PM

Just a reminder to keep this thread about giving the OP suggestions for care practitioners and not to make this a thread that debates prolife vs prochoice practitioners or their beliefs. We really do not want to cast suspicion on either side of the fence. Thank you!

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#10 of 11 Old 02-24-2011, 11:41 AM

So I'm curious, who did you end up going with?

I would really love an openly Christian Midwivery practice in the metro area... I know a couple of gals at my church have found some midwives they enjoy but I think I struggle a lot with the eastern philosophy that can accompany a lot of the practices here. I'm expecting my 7th in May and have seen a LOT in my time!

-Jyn, Blessed mom of Abbie ('99), Gracie ('00), AngelBaby ('01), Danny ('02), Jacob ('03), Eva Bella ('06), Angel-Baby2 ('07), Emmalia ('09), Justus John Mark ('11), Jude Ellias Due 7-16-13

#11 of 11 Old 02-27-2011, 08:19 PM

Mary Bernabe is in SW Washington. Her husband is a minister. 360-608-7590

That being said, my 5 month old DD was born at home with Pamela Echiverio and Monica Wood (and apprentice Emily). I asked them about their beliefs when I met them and felt comfortable with where they were coming from spiritually. They were WONDERFUL I really can't say enough good about them. Three of the most wonderful caring women I've ever met. Highly recommend them.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page