Seattle Area Chat ~Fall 2010~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-22-2010, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Seattle and Seattl-ish mamas,

It's been a while since we've done a chat thread. What are you and your family doing for fall? Halloween is so close! Have you started thinking about holiday time? How are you staying busy and entertained now that the weather is turning gray?

I'm heading out to Biringer Farms' pumpkin patch with the little one on Saturday to pick out our carving pumpkins for Halloween.

Working mama treehugger.gif to K energy.gif (2/2007) and A diaper.gif (6/2013). Expecting stork-suprise.gif EDD 10/7/2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 10-23-2010, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

I just found this article that has info on a bunch of corn mazes/pumpkin patches in the area: http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...710229997/1122

Working mama treehugger.gif to K energy.gif (2/2007) and A diaper.gif (6/2013). Expecting stork-suprise.gif EDD 10/7/2014.
#3 of 14 Old 10-24-2010, 04:02 AM

We went to Enciso Family Farms today in Renton. It was pretty cute. They had a bunch of animals for the kids to check out. The pumpkin prices seemed fair and there were antique farm vehicles all over that the kids could climb on.

There wasn't a hay ride or corn maze but there was also free admission so it was okay with me. Plus I am almost 7 months pregnant and I wasn't going to tromp through a muddy corn maze anyway.

Sarah - wife, mom to Riley 7/9/03 and Jacob 7/15/05 and Hannah 1/5/11 a successful vbac.gif
#4 of 14 Old 10-24-2010, 06:19 PM

I went to the Carleton Farms pumpkin patch last weekend to get those classic baby-in-a-pumpkin-patch pictures. Turned out that my DS was not in the mood for it, but I think I got a few pics where he at least doesn't look miserable. Oh well. I can't wait until he's older and actually enjoys Halloween. He did really enjoy the farm animals, though.

SAHM to DS (11/09) with a little girl coming in October stork-girl.gif familybed1.gif

#5 of 14 Old 10-24-2010, 11:10 PM

Oh, that reminds me that I wanted to get the kids to a pumpkin patch. If it's not too muddy, maybe we'll try to do that this week. We're already working on holiday stuff. DH is really on top of Christmas presents apparently. He's gotten me a couple things. We've got a plan to grab each of the kids something each payday so we don't have to worry about everything at the last minute. Especially since we have decorations to buy this year. (We have nothing.)

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#6 of 14 Old 10-25-2010, 02:07 AM

We went up to Bob's Corn in Snohomish today and got REALLY muddy. It was fun though- free admission, free hay ride down to the pumpkin field and corn maze (we didn't do the maze), and a few bucks for DD to ride their little cow train. Plus, they had a playground, and lots of yummy food (although the bbq was WAY overpriced.)

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#7 of 14 Old 10-25-2010, 02:27 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We LOVE Jubilee farm for pumpkins (and we do our CSA there). Not certified, but organically grown. Plus they have a hay maze in the loafing shed for the kids (i.e. no mud there) and everything but the pumpkins, food, and pony rides is free. So you can go to just do the hayride if you want. Beautiful too.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#8 of 14 Old 10-29-2010, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

We didn't end up making it to the pumpkin patch there was just too much rain/mud. But yesterday I got a super sweet deal on organic pumpkins from a farm in Woodinville. We got 6 for $10, and they aren't dinky pumpkins. So we'll be carving pumpkins all of Saturday afternoon.

Then we get to go trick or treating on Sunday in a couple places. I'm so excited and so is K.

#9 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

What is everyone planning for the last weekend before holiday madness sets in?

I'm taking my little one ice skating at the Comcast Community Ice Rink in Everett. It's really affordable. thumb.gif It should be an interesting experience. I haven't been on ice skates since I was probably 10 or 12. This will by my almost four year old's first time ice skating.

#10 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 09:41 PM

We're taking it easy until Thanksgiving weekend.  That's ds2's bday weekend too so it should be crazy.  We have a ton of house/yard maintenance to take care of before winter sets in so that will be a lot of our time.

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#11 of 14 Old 11-12-2010, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

What are some of your favorite cold/rainy weather activities/places to go with the kids?

A few that I can think of off the top of my head:

Pacific Science Center (at Seattle Center)

The Children's Museum (at Seattle Center)

Seattle Aquarium

Everett Children's Museum

Children's Museum of Skagit County

Alderwood Mall Play Area (I love how this only has one entrance/exit and there are benches the whole way 'round on the inside of the play area. And it's free.)

The Museum of Flight (This one doesn't have much of interest to my 3 year old. It's better for older kids; including the adult variety. :-p)

Bowling

Hrm....I'm sure I can think of more things.

#12 of 14 Old 11-14-2010, 09:49 PM

I don't have really anything in mind... I do plan to get the kids to the Science Center one of these weekends. We have most of our Christmas shopping done already... well, as far as presents for the kids go. We only have a few other people to buy for, have to do stocking stuffers and get all new decorations. Both DH and I were previously married and lost all our Christmas stuff. Blah. I have everything planned for Thanksgiving but very little space in my kitchen so I haven't picked everything up yet. The most pressing thing in our apartment is organizing and consolidating space so that we can get it ready for the new baby . We also have to squeeze in birthday parties for both kids right around my due date. Thinking about it is exhausting. LOL. I can't even wrap my mind around hunting for a bigger place, which we need. Kinda taking it one day at a time.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#13 of 14 Old 11-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Rainy day stuff-we sometimes do the indoor gym time at the community center or go that gymnastics place in Lake City (the name is blanking on me right now-Seattle Gymnastics??).  Before L was born, I was taking my 3yo to a free preschool kind of thing at the Broadview Library.  I'd like to start doing that again as well.  We do the zoo in the rain.  I've also heard Bell Square has a nice kids area on the 3rd floor but I've never been there.

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#14 of 14 Old 11-17-2010, 10:34 PM

I'm going to stalk your thread :D I was born and raised in WA, but Eastern WA so I'm not very familiar with the Westside. We're moving back to WA after I leave Iraq but still don't know where. It'll be somewhere between Auburn and Bellevue, though-my xh and dd live in Auburn and I will be going to school in Bellevue. So I'm just going to hang out to try to learn about some life in Western WA.

Trish~mama to Kaelie 5/03 and Amelia 12/13, surro mama to Aidan 2/08 & Ellyss 6/09, 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page