Found the BEST Pediatrician - Vancouver, WA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2011, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've seen several threads through the years looking for pediatricians in Vancouver. I've come looking for ped recommendations too, and haven't found much. So since I found a wonderful pediatrician FINALLY, I'm coming here to let you all know about him!

Kevin Hatcher-Ross, MD at Vancouver Clinic on 87th Ave. Totally cool with homebirth - His wife did a hospital waterbirth. When I said DD was born at home, he told me about some study where most babies born in hospitals pick up a certain (bad) bacteria in their gut that home-born babies don't have. Super laid-back about vaccines. Didn't even tell me why I should vaccinate. Basically said "when are you thinking about starting" (he knew I was planning to delay and select) I said after she's 2 and he made a note in her chart and said he won't even bring it up again before she's 2. Extremely pro-breastfeeding, and extended breastfeeding. We briefly talked about naps. He was opposed to CIO. He's a vegetarian. There. How much more AP friendly can you get? :)

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 PM

Thanks, Andrea! I know this post is older, but this is what I was hoping to find. =) I'll be making an appointment and checking him out!

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

Old 03-23-2011, 03:12 PM

I second that, Thank you Andrea! We will be moving to the area shortly and I was kind of stressed about finding a ped who would be okay with not vaccinating and was pro AP parenting. 

Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I go to the Vancouver Clinic in Salmon Creek and had a great experience with Dr. Spohr. She's been very supportive of our selective and delayed vaccine schedule, doesn't offer antibiotics for every illness and really remembers each of my kids from one visit to the next.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:31 PM

Sounds awesome! We use Dr. Devon Ebbing at the Vancouver Clinic off 172nd. She was awesome with our homebirth and delayed vax. She cloth diapers her kids and breastfed too. Plus she's just plain nice (and actually listens). She was very supportive when my baby was having blood in her stool and I was eliminating dairy and soy from my diet. Not a mention of formula, ever.

~Carrie~
Merit Claire born at home, 9lb 8oz
Closet Seattle Mariners fan
Old 04-05-2011, 12:11 AM

We saw Dr. Kevin Hatcher-Ross last week, and he was great! He did run through the vaccine spiel, but said that he only does that once, on the initial visit, and he wasn't pushy, just explained options. We questioned him about how he felt about not circumcising baby boys and got a very positive response. I'm expecting in July and don't know if the baby is a boy or a girl, so I thought we should cover all our bases.

I'm so relieved to find a pediatrician that is open to our parenting choices. smile.gif

Married to an Ogre, Mother of Danora Rose 12/31/2008 and missing Evan Michael 12/31/2008 Expecting someone new 7/11/2011

User Tag List