Portland, OR area- Looking for moms in need of Donor Milk- I have it! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-16-2011, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello All! 

One month ago I gave birth at home to a beautiful 9lb 9oz baby boy named Joseph Phoenix, but he decided that he did not need to stay long in this world and he died the next day.  The story is long and involved and for now I do not have it in me to write it, but I have been pumping and established a decent milk supply.  I am keeping some of it to give to my other son Chiron, but I am soon going to have more milk than I need. 

I am looking for a mom or two that need some donor milk.  I am a very healthy, non-smoking, non-drinking mom.  I am taking some herbal suppliments and placental caps, but otherwise no medications.  I eat almost exclusively whole, organic foods. 

I also have a friend whom has an AMAZING milk supply, she pumps like 19oz a session.  She has WAY more milk than she needs frozen and would also like to donate as well. 

So if any of you are in need, or know anyone in the area that is, please contact me.  The only thing I ask is that you be willing to pick up (if you are local, I would be willing to drop off) and buy the breastmilk bags.

Thanks,

Alicia   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 03-16-2011, 02:45 PM

Dear Alicia, 

I am so so sorry to hear about your loss.   My heart truly goes out to you.   I can't imagine...

I know of a couple of paths here in Portland to donate your breast milk.   What an incredible gift to pass on.  

There is a facebook site that coordinates Portland moms who have extra breastmilk with those who need it.   It's at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Local-Breast-Milk/366527715280.   If you're not on facebook, call Vivante Midwifery at 503-652-8076 and they will help connect you with the founder.   

Another site has hospital donation centers listed at:  http://www.nwmmb.org/donate-breast-milk.html

Hope these help!

Wishing you love and healing, 

- Laura

#3 of 8 Old 03-18-2011, 08:45 PM

You can also check out the Eats on Feets Oregon page on Facebook. (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_199827500028384&notif_t=group_activity#!/EatsOnFeatsOregon)

#4 of 8 Old 03-20-2011, 12:03 AM

You might give Portland La Leche League a call.  I know that they often get calls from moms looking for milk...  Maybe just dropping your name with them so they can put someone in contact with you.

It always makes my heart so happy to hear about mothers giving away their milk.  So thoughtful!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#5 of 8 Old 03-20-2011, 05:00 PM

No ideas about milk donation, I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry.

Stay-at-home Mama to my fabulous DD (10/08)  and DS (9/12) and wife to my just-as-fabulous DH

#6 of 8 Old 03-21-2011, 12:06 PM

My suggestion is to call one of the birth centers in town. Alma or Andaluz. I know that they often have new mom's and babes in need of milk.

Proud mama to beautiful Ophelia 7.29.10
#7 of 8 Old 03-29-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura* View Post

Dear Alicia, 

I am so so sorry to hear about your loss.   My heart truly goes out to you.   I can't imagine...

I know of a couple of paths here in Portland to donate your breast milk.   What an incredible gift to pass on.  

There is a facebook site that coordinates Portland moms who have extra breastmilk with those who need it.   It's at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Local-Breast-Milk/366527715280.   If you're not on facebook, call Vivante Midwifery at 503-652-8076 and they will help connect you with the founder.   

Another site has hospital donation centers listed at:  http://www.nwmmb.org/donate-breast-milk.html

Hope these help!

Wishing you love and healing, 

- Laura

Vivante is fantastic... I see one of their midwives at OHSU already, too. Laura.. that link didnt work but this one does http://www.facebook.com/pages/Local-Breast-Milk/366527715280

-Jyn, Blessed mom of Abbie ('99), Gracie ('00), AngelBaby ('01), Danny ('02), Jacob ('03), Eva Bella ('06), Angel-Baby2 ('07), Emmalia ('09), Justus John Mark ('11), Jude Ellias Due 7-16-13

#8 of 8 Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 PM

I was wondering if you still have milk available. . . my daughter is 2 months old and has a high palate so I have chronically low supply.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page