EUGENE, OR MOMS: Expereinces With Vaccine Exemption - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-23-2011, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Please share any and all experiences with using either the religious or medical exemption for vaccination in the Eugene area schools.  Just started the process of enrolling my son in private school for next year and am completely freaked-out about them not taking him and having to find another school.  HELP!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-05-2011, 04:02 PM

I'm in Corvallis, but the vaccine requirements are the same across the state, so what I've experienced should be the same for you.  When it gets time to fill out all the paperwork, sometimes you are simply given the form where all the vaccine dates are supposed to be filled in.  On the back (last time I looked it was on the back) is where the exemption information is.  Simply flip it over and sign a religious exemption.  They are legally not permitted to ask you any further questions about it.  I've gone through 4 schools now and the most I've gotten is, "Oh, so you have a religious exemption?" and I say "Yes."  End of conversation.

If they ask you about vaccines or tell you to bring your vaccine card before they hand you the form, simply tell them you have an exemption so you will need to sign the exemption form.  End of story. 

Christine, mama to Ava (7.05), Alder (5.07), Sadie (2.09) and #4 due mid-July 2011! 
#3 of 4 Old 04-11-2011, 11:09 PM

yes it's very easy.  We live in Eugene and they give you a folder when you register for school to put the immunization records in.  On the back, bottom right hand corner, is a little box that says "Religious Exemption."  You just sign inside the box and turn it in.  Not sure if it's the same at a private school as at our public school, but I would think so.  No-vax is pretty common around here.

Deirdre partners.gif partner to Josiah , mama of jumpers.gif, and.... it's a BOY!!!! babyf.gif4/23/2011
#4 of 4 Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 AM

It's super easy, don't stress.

Check a box, no questions, voila! You're done :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page