Intact friendly doctors in PDX area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-25-2011, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

I'm brand new here at mothering.com. I was sent here by a friend on another forum. She indicated that I might be able to find an intact-friendly doctor here. I LOVED the pediatrician we have--until she told me I needed to pull my son's foreskin back as far as I could without forcing it, and then demonstrated.

jaw.gif

So, if anyone can recommend a pedi in the Beaverton/Hillsboro area who knows to leave a penis alone, please enlighten me!! TIA!!

#2 of 4 Old 03-29-2011, 02:34 PM

Hi!  Welcome to MDC.  I see you hadn't got any responses so I just wanted to give you the name of our ped: Paul Thomas, his office is in Beaverton in the Cedar Mill area.  We see him because he is comfortable with delayed/selective/zero vaxes.  I've found his medical advice to be very good.  I don't know how foreskin friendly he is, because I have a daughter.  But it might be worth it to just give the office a call and just say "I had a really bad experience with our last pediatrician who gave us bad advice about the foreskin. etc what is your office policy about that."  Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there.  Good luck!

Stay-at-home Mama to my fabulous DD (10/08)  and DS (9/12) and wife to my just-as-fabulous DH

#3 of 4 Old 03-29-2011, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much! It's definitely worth looking into, and it's nice knowing he's laid back about vaxes... my 15 month old is currently up to date on all his vaxes but i just have been feeling kinda uncomfortable about giving him more vaxes...

#4 of 4 Old 07-18-2012, 11:29 AM

Just in case you ever need it: Here is a large online list on intact-friendly doctors: http://www.thewholenetwork.org/intact-friendly-doctors.html

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page