spam me your favorite Seattle Doulas - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-02-2011, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a doula who will follow me though my whole pregnancy birth and post partum and who has good back up I had a long labor last time

#2 of 7 Old 04-04-2011, 10:09 AM

Look up Kat Fagerlie in Seattle.  She was my birth and postpartum doula and I LOVED her.  My husband even gave her a huge tip.  I can't praise her enough.  She was AMAZING in every way.  She's taking on very few cases now, though, since she's transitioning to midwifery, so snag her if you can right away.  If I get pregnant again I don't know what I'll do without her.

Mama to Eris, born 9/21/2010! energy.gifbellyhair.gif@earthshod on Twitter.
#3 of 7 Old 04-04-2011, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thx I'm on key 4 weeks so whoever I pick will get lots of warning lol
#4 of 7 Old 04-04-2011, 07:23 PM

Alyssa Wehrman is awesome. She's one of the top doulas in Seattle, very experienced and very gentle. She was our doula for DD's birth and brought a lot of tools to the party, which if you had a long labor before, you know is very useful. DW ended up not needing a lot of support because she Hypnobabied through labor, but Alyssa was great to work with. http://www.sunbirth.org/

Me: almost 40, RN DW: 38, CPD Boy: born 4/2/2007 Girl: born 8/23/2010
Queer Parenting since 2007
#5 of 7 Old 04-12-2011, 12:08 AM

Try Doula Match. Its a Doula listing site with the Doula's availablity calendars and detailed profiles.

Kim James started that site (local doula, CBE, and doula trainer), who was my Doula trainer. There's a lot of local doulas listed since Kim is so well known in the area.

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#6 of 7 Old 05-26-2011, 05:26 PM

Oh, there's so many wonderful Doulas around here.  You're lucky that you live in this area.  The only hard thing is picking!  

www.doulamatch.net IS a great place to look and narrow down by your price range.  Make sure you go past the first page because it's listed in order of who has updated most recently.  

I know a lot of doulas, being one myself.  If you tell me more of what type of person you are looking for (there are a lot of different styles and personalities out there) and your price range (pm me if you want)  I can give you a list of my favs.  Interviewing at least three is usually a good idea.  

Good luck!  

Morgan - Wife to Eldi, Mama to 5 yr old ds Gabriel and baby Lucia, Doula -- my loves!

#7 of 7 Old 06-03-2011, 08:55 PM

Debra Sheldon.  She's amazing.  Seriously, after our birth, the OB on call told us that she found our birth "inspirational".

Also, my baby turned on the way out.  He was a stubborn kiddo too.  I was exhausted after a long back labor and pushing was not going well.  The doctor and nurses were at a loss, but Debra got me pushing with my feet on the birth bar, pulling on a scarf thing that she brought and it totally did the trick.  I think without her I might have ended up with a c-section.  She was so warm and supportive.  My partner is really sensitive and she was awesome with him too.  He was so reassured having her there, and that helped me to focus on me and getting that baby out.

I would recommend her a million times.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page