Mothering Forum banner

Tacoma area playgroup?

497 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mamayogibear 
#1 ·
Would anyone be interested in Tacoma area playgroup? I live in tacoma, near spanaway and puyallup area. We have been here a few months but I have not found any friends or parents I am comfortable with. Would any AP parents like to get together sometime for a playgroup? I would love for this to expand into long-lasting friendships for ourselves and our children. Some activities I'd love to do are meeting in the park and playing/having picnics, having big play dates, going to the zoo/aquarium/museum, having big potluck dinners or cooking a big dinner together maybe... I am looking for my tribe :)

I am a SAHM to one 18 month old boy, but any age is welcome. If anyone is interested, meet me Tuesdays at the playground in Spanaway Park or message me if you have another venue or meetup idea. I will be there from approximately 11 AM til 1 or so, sometimes earlier or later, unless it is raining.

Hope to see you there!

#3 ·
Have you tried to connect with other mama's in Tacoma through the website/group 'meet-up'? When we lived there a few years ago this was the main way I met friends, there was an 'AP' one that was really active. Good Luck!

#5 ·
That must be really frustrating, I'm sorry. What about suggesting an activity for the groups you joined at a place/time that does work for you and seeing who shows up?

It is hard being tied to a bus, I didn't find transit to be that helpful in getting anyplace other then down town when we lived there.

I know that the Tacoma Food Co-op is trying really hard to get up and running and off the ground. What about following your passions (maybe food isn't yours, but it is mine) and trying to meet other people that way instead of looking for those in the same stage/age as your kids? KWIM?

#6 ·
Hey mama, I live in Lakewood. I have been in the area being the only crunchy mama I know for about three years! However a mom at my sons daycare just bought an ergo... It's ironic how AP people in Ptown and Seattle are but here it just seems to be unheard of. I don't have a running vehicle right now, my van needs a lot of TLC, but prehaps when I get it running I will make it to Lake Spannaway park to meet up since it is such an awesome playground. Best wishes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.