PDX Chiropractor Recommendations Please! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for recommendations for a chiropractor in PDX proper who does actual adjustments.  I'm nearly 6 months pregnant, and in my first pregnancy had tried seeing a chiropractor who uses the activator (or clicker?).  Didn't work AT ALL.  Things feel like they need to to pop, and I'd like someone who can make that happen!

I'd prefer east side, but at this point I would venture pretty much anywhere in the metro area to find some relief for my poor pelvis.  Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

#2 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

I would recommend http://www.doctorkorin.com/  

She's great, good office, MDC mama. :)

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post

I would recommend http://www.doctorkorin.com/  

I had seen her in a previous search through this thread.  I was a little hesitant, because her web page says that she uses activator adjustments (which are the clicker adjustments), which I don't think really work (at least, not on my pelvis, I've tried them).  I'm looking for snap and crackle!!  I will probably try giving her a call though, just to see if she can/will do more traditional adjustments, because she looks lovely.

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

#4 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

I have been to her a bunch of times and she has never used an activator on me.  So, I think that might just be saying that she *can* do them?

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#5 of 8 Old 05-06-2011, 03:05 PM

I recommend Amy Watson at http://mamababychiro.com/.

#6 of 8 Old 05-09-2011, 03:19 PM

I highly recommend Dr. Jason Lindekugel.  I am almost 32 weeks pregnant and had been suffering from the worst hip/lower back pain EVER, and he took care of it in 3 visits.  He's great.  And he bills my insurance, too!  Here's the office info: 

Concordia Chiropractic Center
5425 NE 33rd Avenue
Portland, OR 97211

Phone:  503.287.2273
Fax:  503.287.2270

Email concordiachiro@yahoo.com

Clinic Location

We are located on the corner of NE Killingsworth and NE 33rd Avenue.  We are across the street from Walgreens, next to Subway.

Mama to a daughter (3/2008) and a son (7/2011)
#7 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 AM

Another vote for Dr. Korin. She does regular adjusting, CAN do activator if that is indicated (can sometimes help if a regular adjustment doesn't go), and also does cranial sacral. CST is the only thing that helped my pelvic pain in this last pregnancy. Bonus, she does newborn/infant chiro, too, and has been known to do housecalls after a birth.

Dr. Amy is also excellent for pregnancy and newborn care, although I've never used her personally.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
#8 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the recs ladies.  I am very much looking forward to getting this pesky pelvis of mine back in line!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page