Experience with Lynn Hughes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-19-2011, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My current midwifery practice is Rainy City and I just adore Beth and Bev (Bev is soon to leave the practice, or possibly already has). Lynn I'm struggling with a bit.  I don't doubt her competence as a midwife, but she just doesn't put me at ease.  Where Beth and Bev seemed excited to have a client that wanted no interventions (unless necessary, obviously), including doppler, and reaffirmed what I knew about my body and that I was very much in touch with it, Lynn seemed resistant and doubtful.  She also seemed uncomfortable with my husband (dirty and tattooed), and after meeting him during my first prenatal, asked me just two weeks later if she was ever going to meet him (we met two weeks later instead of a month later because we ran out of time).  I spoke to Beth about my concerns and she asked if I would be comfortable feeling it out just a bit longer.  I agreed because I really like Beth and Brenda (office manager) and I'd love to have Beth at my birth.  And I know I can switch practices but I wasn't thrilled with anyone else I met.  They were all very nice, I especially liked Erin Curtiss, but none of them thrilled me like Beth and Bev.  So I figured that I'd have a two out of three chance of getting a midwife I loved, and then I had a one and three chance of getting a midwife I liked about as much as anyone else I met.  But the more I talk with Lynn, the less I want her at my birth, and a few weeks ago I found out Bev is leaving the practice.  So now I have a one in two chance of getting a midwife I don't really like.  

I'm very picky about people, only have a few close, very long term friends, and while I can get along fine with others, I don't easily let people into my inner circle.  I know myself well enough to know unless I'm really comfortable with my midwives I won't be able to open up figuratively or literally at my birth.  And I've always imagined having a midwife that is at least old enough to be my mom.  Most of the midwives in Seattle are pretty young and that's a big turn off for me.  

I meant for this to be really short.  Oops.  What I'm looking for are other people's experiences with Lynn at their birth.  Details please. If lots of others really love her then I'll keep that in mind when meeting her coming up for my next appointment, and maybe we can get past this obstacle to a great partnership.  

Otherwise, anyone know of any other older midwives in Seattle?

Married to my favorite person (together since '01, married since '05), the hapa papa to my queeuty quapa DD, born 10/11.

We baby wear, co-sleep, cloth diaper, don't vax and intend to nurse for a good long time.  

I don't care what you do as long as it works for your family.

#2 of 2 Old 05-19-2011, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I PM'd you.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page