Midwives near Bellevue? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-04-2011, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a midwife to have a homebirth with that is not part of a birth center practice in Bellevue. My last birth went rather quickly and I would be afraid a midwife from Seattle wouldn't be able to make it before the birth during heavy traffic times. I am in the Lake Hills area of Bellevue so I am looking for a midwife located in Bellevue, Redmond, Issaquah, or Renton. Any one have any recommendations?

#2 of 8 Old 06-04-2011, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Are you looking to avoid all midwives affiliated with a birth center (Puget Sound Birth Center and Eastside Birth Center)?

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#3 of 8 Old 06-04-2011, 11:35 PM

Charlene Campbell, in Issaquah.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#4 of 8 Old 06-06-2011, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post

Are you looking to avoid all midwives affiliated with a birth center (Puget Sound Birth Center and Eastside Birth Center)?

I am looking to avoid the main midwife groups that staff the birth centers. I wouldn't mind a midwife that often uses a birth center though. I used one of the super busy midwife groups for my last birth and I am looking for a different experience this time.

#5 of 8 Old 06-06-2011, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Gotcha.  I had that problem with my last birth.  With my 2nd, I had a wonderful independent midwife, who moved to Canada a year after.  I did end up using the MWs at Eastside birth center.  I didn't feel they were too busy (I was really worried about that which is why I didn't go to PSBC).  It definitely wasn't the same as my first mw, but not as bad as I thought it would be.  My only issue is that my MW missed the birth, but that is because my entire labor until she was born was about an hour and I didn't call until 15 minutes in!  But she did make it minutes after!

Unfortunately, I don't know of any MWs on the Eastside that aren't at one of the birth centers.  2 years ago I couldn't find any (other than one in Renton that I didn't get the greatest vibe from).  But they may be out there.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#6 of 8 Old 06-06-2011, 02:57 PM

You've got Charlene and me on the Eastside, plus Suzanne thompson who has a foot onboth sides of the lake.
Seattle side? Geraldine Lee, Erin Curtiss, Brandi are all independent.

I know I'm missing someone, but I can't think of who. Drat.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#7 of 8 Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 PM

I see the midwives at PSBC, and I feel like there's a lot of... "turnover".  With my last son (who isn't even 2 yet), I saw certain ladies, and now it seems like I'm seeing all new people.  I'm still with the same "team"  (Heike's), but don't recognize anyone.  :(

Xzavier - 9 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif    Julien - 5  modifiedartist.gif   Jayce - 3  moon.gif    Jaxon - 18mos  jog.gif

Hoping for a babygirl.gif in November!

#8 of 8 Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 PM

I am using Charlene and so far I'm really enjoying it! I'm only at 20 weeks with my first baby, so I don't have birth experience, yet, but just wanted to throw that out there :)

She's very warm and personable. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page