Tongue Tie resources in Portland, OR - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-17-2011, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello!

I'm new to the area and would like to compile some resources for my future practice (am studying for the 2012 IBLCE). Would love to know some knowledgeable, experienced practitioners in 3 categories:

*IBCLCs who are known for being good at identifying tongue ties, especially those pesky posterior ones

*ENTs/dentists/pediatric surgeons who are willing to clip them AND understand the importance of this on breastfeedinfg

*Bodyworkers (craniosacral, chiropractic, even physical therapists) who are experienced with helping babies integrate this, as well as addressing other structural issues

Names along are great, I can search for their contact info. Personal experiences are awesome too. (And if there's anyone who was decidedly NOT great, I'd love to hear about this as well, though it may have to be via PM.)

Thanks y'all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Zenana Lactation Services

Dr. Craig Hertler is an ENT who I've had excellent experience referring moms to

Korin Rasmussen, D.C. is great for craniosacral.

Have you read Catherine Gemma Watson's Supporting Sucking Skills in Breastfeeding Infants? It is an amazing resource for information. Also, Dr. Lawrence Kotlow's website kiddsteeth.com has some fantastic Powerpoint presentations with lots of great pictures (if you haven't seen them already).

User Tag List