Seattle Area - Creeks Safe for Toddlers to Run In? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-17-2011, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My toddler was very upset with me a few days ago at Carkeek Park that I wouldn't let him run in the creek (it has big signs that say not to, bacteria and wildlife issues, etc.) One of N's favorite parks in California had a very cold creek that he could run in and out of in sandals. I've tried looking for wading boots in his size - 8 extra-wide - and have basically been told they don't make them.  We've tried on every regular wide wading boot we could find, too.

So, my question to you all is this: Where is there a great creek my toddler can go run in? Very cold is fine, he's pretty accustomed to that but he's dying to hear "splash! splash! wa-er! wa-er!" as he kept telling me.  We live on Beacon Hill but I'm willing to drive up to an hour to fix this for him.  We'll try the wading pools once they're open but I'm not sure it'll be the same.

Thanks!

Meaghan (29)  Torq's wife (34); Niall's SAHM (9/09); Rivka's birthmom (6/03)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-19-2011, 07:45 PM

I'm not sure when Jetty Island opens, but the beach that you go to from taking the tiny ferry (in Everett) has water that comes in and its a good ways until it gets remotely deep. Good wading and you can sit nearby.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#3 of 3 Old 06-22-2011, 11:38 PM

Jetty Island opens in July 1st.  I don't know of any creeks that area that aren't posted keep out, because of the salmon, but there are some lakes.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page