SAHPs near Fort Lewis (daycare opportunity) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-26-2011, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hope I am allowed to post this here! I have been a sahm for 1 1/2 years with my wonderful son, but am looking to get a job soon and want to line up a caregiver for him. I am looking for someone within 10-15 minutes of JBLM (will consider a little further if we find the perfect situation), or someone who can care for him in our home. Must pass a background check, be a non-smoker and non-drinker, at least during the day (what you do on your own time is your business!). If caring for him at your house, must have a reasonably clean and safe house with outdoor area or playground nearby. Would prefer someone with transportation during the day for outings and such, but that is not a requirement. Speaking a second language a plus. Want someone familiar and comfortable with long-term nursing (not that you will be doing it with him!) and babywearing, gentle discipline and natural, healthy foods. You will have to prepare, serve, etc meals and snacks while I am at work. Here is the big thing... we do not watch tv during the day! I need someone with energy to go outside, play and read with him; to teach and help grow, not just make sure he doesn't eat paint chips or fall out a window! This is a great job for a sahp who wants some extra money, but I cannot pay enough to be a family-supporting type of job. Please email me at carey_depriest@live.com with the subject line reading MDC SAHP

#2 of 3 Old 06-26-2011, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm planning on moving out of the area in about a month and a half but otherwise that sounds like an awesome 'job' since I have two crunchy kids myself, 10 months and 3.5 years. Good luck finding a near by mama to look over your little one.

be good family...

#3 of 3 Old 06-27-2011, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Too bad you are leaving :( Hopesully just the right one will come along some time...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page