Moving to Washington. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 07-09-2011, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My name is LeeAnn and I have two babes. My daughter is 6 and my son is 2. My husbands company is moving our family to Seattle(Kent) area. We are so excited about the move. We visit the area a lot and love it. Everything about it.

Now that we are making it our home I was wondering if any of the Mamas on here that are in the area could suggest a pediatrician that dont MAKE you vax and a chiro to me as well.

Also since I am new to the area and wont have any buddies there I was hoping that there are awesome groups of Mamas that maybe would like to possibly meet up, or know about how to find a good playgroup?

Thanks. smile.gif

#2 of 13 Old 07-10-2011, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

No ped can make you vax.  They can refuse to see you, but they can't force you to do anything to your child.

It's a drive, but if you're willing to head to carnation once in a while and are ok with an ND, I can't say enough good things about Dr. Kathleen Allen.  http://www.motherchildmedicine.com/

Washington just passed a new law requiring a liscenced healthcare provider to sign off on any vaccine exemptions.  I just got mine done last week.  You can find the form and read about it here: http://www.doh.wa.gov/cfh/Immunize/schools/exemption-info.htm

My sister is in Kent and has a chiro she loves.  I will email her a link to this thread since I can't remember his name.

Hope that helps.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#3 of 13 Old 07-10-2011, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Here you go:  http://www.lifequestchiropractic.com/

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#4 of 13 Old 07-10-2011, 10:23 PM

I'm DahliaRW's sister, I live in Kent, and this is my chiro. He's adjusted me for the past two years, including through my pregnancy with DS. He has adjusted DS from birth and both of my daughters as well. He has three kids of his own and sees a wide variety of people. I can't say enough good things about him! I wish I could help with a ped, but I've been looking for a new doctor as well. We don't have ND coverage on our insurance and most people I know who love their practitioners see ND's.

As for groups, I'm plugged in mostly with the homeschool community these days as opposed to AP groups. There are several local chapters of LLL and some holistic moms groups in the area.

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#5 of 13 Old 08-04-2011, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mamas! I am looking up the chiro right now. smile.gif

#6 of 13 Old 08-08-2011, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

For some reason when I look at that site I can not find where I can print off that form....redface.gif

I see the sample versions but not the ones to print off and bring into the Dr.

#7 of 13 Old 08-08-2011, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Dear God!!! I see it totally now! I am losing my ever loving mind...

#8 of 13 Old 08-09-2011, 05:17 PM

We live in Bellevue, and our pediatrician is in Kirkland.  I love all the ladies that work at this office:  http://www.cascadenaturalmedicine.com/Our_Providers.html

Xzavier - 9 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif    Julien - 5  modifiedartist.gif   Jayce - 3  moon.gif    Jaxon - 18mos  jog.gif

Hoping for a babygirl.gif in November!

#9 of 13 Old 08-09-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempestjewel View Post

I'm DahliaRW's sister, I live in Kent, and this is my chiro. He's adjusted me for the past two years, including through my pregnancy with DS. He has adjusted DS from birth and both of my daughters as well. He has three kids of his own and sees a wide variety of people. I can't say enough good things about him! I wish I could help with a ped, but I've been looking for a new doctor as well. We don't have ND coverage on our insurance and most people I know who love their practitioners see ND's.

As for groups, I'm plugged in mostly with the homeschool community these days as opposed to AP groups. There are several local chapters of LLL and some holistic moms groups in the area.

We're starting our first year of HS with my 7 year old... are there any sites you can recommend to find HS groups that get together?  

Xzavier - 9 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif    Julien - 5  modifiedartist.gif   Jayce - 3  moon.gif    Jaxon - 18mos  jog.gif

Hoping for a babygirl.gif in November!

#10 of 13 Old 08-10-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:

We're starting our first year of HS with my 7 year old... are there any sites you can recommend to find HS groups that get together?  

Sure! Most of the groups I know of are listed on here: http://www.washhomeschool.org/homeschooling/whoReg7.html

I'm a member of HSA, and the different chapters have regular meet-ups/meet-ups/park days http://www.hsawa.org/. I'm also familiar with the Teaching Parents Association, though it's a bit too far north for me http://www.washtpa.org/. They have a Yahoo! group as well.

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#11 of 13 Old 08-22-2011, 12:53 PM

This may be late, but my kids Doctor, Dr. Rabinowitz is VERY supportive on non Vaxing, and selective Vaxing.. he has been wonderful with us. He isn't far from Kent.

#12 of 13 Old 09-23-2011, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Nope not too late!! I am glad to hear that he is cool with Non-vaxing families. Good to know.

#13 of 13 Old 10-25-2011, 04:22 PM

We are new to Kent and we live right across the street from Life Quest Chiro! I also don't know of a vax friendly doctor so we travel to Port Angeles to see our old family physician.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page