Raw Milk drop in Seattle (Ravenna) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-28-2011, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in a milk drop in Ravenna. The milk would be from Dungeness Valley Creamery in Sequim. The closest drops right now are Ballard and Lynnwood. I've contacted them about becoming a drop point and figured there were probably some out there who would like a Ravenna location for raw milk.

So much less than buying at Madison Market or the like!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#2 of 7 Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM

I might be interested. We are moving to Ravenna in a couple weeks. Do you know what it will cost? I used to buy there milk occasionally at a store here, but it was a while ago.

Jade

Jade

1sttri.gifBaby girl due 2/10/2012cd.giftoddler.giffamilybed1.gif

#3 of 7 Old 07-29-2011, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

We're interested. We keep meaning to jump on a drop point thats in Brier that I found on craigslist, but I keep procrastinating calling them up and actually placing an order! Do you know what it'll cost? Does it depend on how big the order is?

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#4 of 7 Old 07-29-2011, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

I got approved to be a new drop point! Yipee! We're not far off NE 65th Street. It'll likely be September by the time it's up and running, so PM me soon to get started if you would like to join.  Like the Ballard drop, we will be using paypal as the method of payment, so if you don't have an account, it would be good to get started with that. I would accept a personal check the first month until you get situated, and I'll be working up other guidelines for joining the drop in order for it to run smoothly (I'm doing this as a volunteer). We need 10 gallons in order to get started so a few committed members would be appreciated to get us off the ground! Feel free to share with others.

Pricing is approximately $8.30 for a gallon of whole milk, $4.25 for half gallon of whole milk, $4.65 for a cream pint. Prices might vary by $.10 once I get actual pricing from them.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#5 of 7 Old 10-03-2011, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Bump.

#6 of 7 Old 10-21-2011, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

bump again, we need more people!

#7 of 7 Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Bump, we're going strong and just wanted to move this up in case anyone is looking.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page