Looking for a homebirth midwife in the Ellensburg/Wenatchee/Moses Lake area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 08-11-2011, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!

We may be moving right smack in the middle of all these towns to George, WA.  I need to find a homebirth midwife from this area who would drive to George, WA.  I'm having trouble finding anyone even in Ellensburg or Wenatchee so it's starting to worry me.  Does anyone know of a homebirth midwife that services this area?

Thanks!

jessica

Jessica, wife to Mark, homeschooling mama to Micah (2006), Noah (2009), Owen (2012) and another on the way this August (20014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 08-17-2011, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Just wanted to reply & say that we are in the same boat, we are moving to Cle Elum & will be looking for a MW for HB & it seems like the pickings are slim out that way. I will be doing some checking & will post if I find anyone in the area.

Mommy to DS (12/18/09) joy.gif  Partner to KC learning.gif

nocirc.gif   selectivevax.gif cd.gif   familybed1.gif  dp_femalesling.GIF   treehugger.gif   rainbow1284.gif   

#3 of 15 Old 08-19-2011, 03:48 PM

I think there is one in Ephrata.  Call Wenatchee Midwives http://www.wenatcheemidwife.com/ 

(Lic. Midwives) or Riverside Health Center (Nurse Midwife), both in wenatchee.  They would probably know the name of the lady there and if she's still in practice.  Good Luck!

#4 of 15 Old 02-06-2012, 12:37 AM

I know this may be way too late but I'm also looking at my options and wanted to share that I found a midwife/naturopath in Moses Lake and I'm pretty sure she does home births. Her name is Elizabeth Trautman, ND, LM and she practices at Columbia Basin Natural Family Medicine Clinic 509-764-4600.

#5 of 15 Old 02-07-2012, 12:17 AM

Not too late for us, we're not even preggers yet, planning for #2 & looking for options. Which seem to be a bit scarce now that we're here....

Thanks for the info, I'll get in touch with her & see if she travels for HB's, it's worth a shot!

nocirc.gif   selectivevax.gif cd.gif   familybed1.gif  dp_femalesling.GIF   treehugger.gif   rainbow1284.gif   

#6 of 15 Old 02-14-2012, 10:54 AM

Oh, not too late for us either!  I love my midwife here in LA, but we're m omving to Ellensburg in 65 weeks and I am having #4 in Fall.  I'll try these suggestions mamas...thanks!!

xoxo
Laura

#7 of 15 Old 03-27-2012, 06:21 PM

Ok ladies, another option, Andrea Henderson LM, CPM, IBCLC  She currently is working at a clinic in Bellevue but is hoping to move to Ellensburg in the next year or so and is willing to work with clients in the Valley. Her email is [email protected]  Hope that helps you out.

#8 of 15 Old 04-16-2012, 12:46 AM

Andrea is giving a presentation at CWU this week on MWery & I was planning on going to find out the scoop, now I know & it's awesome news!!  thumb.gif Thanks so much for the heads-up, I'll get in touch with her & find out what I can & post anything else on the board.

#9 of 15 Old 04-17-2012, 12:11 AM

I had an email exchange with Andrea & she confirmed that she's planning on moving her practice to the Ellensburg/Yakima area, but that she's not sure of a date as of yet. For now though she's providing services to folks if they can travel to Bellevue for prentatal visits. 

She will be at the CWU Earthday event on Wed Apr 18th doing her presentation at 1:30 and will also have a table with MW info from 10-4 on Wed as well. 

This is very good news for this community!

#10 of 15 Old 05-11-2012, 06:59 PM

Elizabeth Trautman and also Linda Morgan (of Spokane Midwives, they have a website) are in Moses. I am going to Linda for my November Baby, and one cousin and a SIL already had great births with her. I know one of the cousins used Elizabeth too and they really liked her. Linda splits her time between Moses and Spokane, but she's looking to possibly open a practice with Elizabeth and move to Moses full time soon.

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#11 of 15 Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 AM

I've also been searching for a midwife for a home birth in Ellensburg, WA.. Do you know how I can get a hold of Linda Morgan. I've sent Elizabeth and Andrea emails but I can't seem to find contact info for Linda now. Thanks!

#12 of 15 Old 09-21-2012, 12:48 PM

I have her #.  She's going to be leaving next weekend and gone till the 26th of October.

Spokane Midwives (she can be reached there as she is still splitting her time)  509-326-4366

Frequent Auto Correct Victim. Sheepish.gif

Loving the (mostly) organic country life as a SAHWM . Married to my hubby since '08heartbeat.gif, Ana born at home 11/12 slingboy.gifdust.gif

#13 of 15 Old 09-28-2012, 03:24 PM

Lori Carr of Highland Midwife Birth Services is also willing to do HB is Eburg, she does PN's in Yakima but travels for the birth. 509-250-2072.

#14 of 15 Old 10-15-2012, 12:08 PM

Not sure if this is too late, but I am working with Lori Carr for my Ellensburg HB. She has appointments on Fridays in Yakima and it's been going well so far.

Married to DH in 1999, Mother to Big N (2004), Mother to Little N (2005), Expecting our third in March (2013).

#15 of 15 Old 12-06-2012, 09:08 PM

Linda Morgan has a new contact number, 509-994-4850. I spoke with her today & she said she will available for homebirths in Eburg & surrounding areas if you travel to Moses lake for PN's.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page