Salem pediatricians - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-26-2011, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I moved to Salem, OR about 2 months ago and I'm looking for a capable pediatrician (or family practice doc) for my 2 kids. I am looking for someone who is supportive of extended breastfeeding, no/selective/delayed vaxing, and alternative health, and who isn't antibiotic-crazy. Anyone have any recommendations?

TIA!

. catherine . yourfireyoursoul.blogspot.com .
mommy to one hilarious little boy [09.2006] and one cuddly baby girl [05.2009]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-28-2011, 12:46 AM

If you'd be willing to travel to Aurora I would recommend Susie Corcoran, she is an FNP who has worked as a MW for years (altho I think she is no longer delivering babes). She was our MW when our son was born & we've seen her for his healthcare, she is really great. Totally gets the delayed/no vac's concept, is really into holistic health care & is a really great provider. http://www.auroramidwifery.com/

Mommy to DS (12/18/09) joy.gif  Partner to KC learning.gif

nocirc.gif   selectivevax.gif cd.gif   familybed1.gif  dp_femalesling.GIF   treehugger.gif   rainbow1284.gif   

#3 of 4 Old 09-06-2011, 05:29 PM

The mamas on the MamaRevolution Yahoo group, which is a Salem AP group, might have some ideas. There is a new naturopath in Salem named Luke Gonzales, N.D. who is fantastic.

#4 of 4 Old 09-08-2011, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliesmommy View Post

If you'd be willing to travel to Aurora I would recommend Susie Corcoran, she is an FNP who has worked as a MW for years (altho I think she is no longer delivering babes). She was our MW when our son was born & we've seen her for his healthcare, she is really great. Totally gets the delayed/no vac's concept, is really into holistic health care & is a really great provider. http://www.auroramidwifery.com/

Thank you for the recommendation. Aurora is farther than I want to travel. We mostly only use the doc for illness/emergencies, so I want someone who is actually in Salem. Thanks, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapayaVagina View Post

The mamas on the MamaRevolution Yahoo group, which is a Salem AP group, might have some ideas. There is a new naturopath in Salem named Luke Gonzales, N.D. who is fantastic.

Thanks for replying! I did ask on MamaRevolution and the consensus there seems to be Luke Gonzales, also. Unfortunately he's not on my insurance list. I'm going to apply with my insurance to see if they will make him a contract provider. Until then I've added the kids to my doctor even though I have no idea where he stands on vaccinations, extended breastfeeding, etc, and we'll just cross our fingers that we have no need to take them to the doctor for now! :)

. catherine . yourfireyoursoul.blogspot.com .
mommy to one hilarious little boy [09.2006] and one cuddly baby girl [05.2009]

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page