No Vax Decision questioned by nurse/ Child on OHP/ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 12-22-2011, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well below 200% of the poverty level for a family of 4 in the contiguous 48 states would have to  be below the current 100% poverty level for 2011 for a family of 4 which  is:

$22,350 for a family of 4 gross yearly, so below 200% of the current poverty level at 100% above the poverty level would have to be negative.  Now 200% above  is $44,700, 100% is $22,350 and 0% is zero.  So its not 200% below the poverty level since the poverty level is counted at at 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%,(the poverty line starts here), 125%, 150%, 175%, 200%

200% is where many government programs eligibility programs start and then it falls from there.  So 200% below the poverty level would actually be yes a zero or a negative.  I'm not that good at math but here's a chart that is pretty clear:

http://www.coverageforall.org/pdf/FHCE_FedPovertyLevel.pdf

to shows how income iscounted:  and I am pretty sure they meant  not '200% below the poverty level which would be zero, but 200% of the poverty level, AND/OR BELOW which is actually the poverty level line at 100% plus another 100% if you will at $44,700

Now different programs have different percentages of the poverty line to be able to qualify, some are set at 100% of the poverty line, some at varying other percentages above or below this amount. 

If your income for a family of 4 is %200 percent below $44,700, and %100 percent is at half of that,  then your income would be zero I think.  But if you were 200% below the poverty level at 100% at $22350 then your income would be $-22350.  But I see what your saying. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 12-22-2011, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by aculver View Post

I was told that on OHP you have to vax your kids so reading this I am very excited that I may be able to use the plan... I live in Aurora and would love the information on your doctor you use.

Thank you for your time,

Andrea

Well I only go to the clinic now, you don't have to vax your kids, you sign a decline to vaccinate form,  they will try to tell you for some programs like day care that you need to get your kids vaccinated, but you don' you still can opt out. 

It can be a very long and daunting process depending on how well informed your physician is you do have that choice heres a good site:for info by state

http://www.vaclib.org/exemption.htm

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page