A mom being asked to stop breastfeeding at Bridgeport Village, PDX? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-25-2011, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got a message on FB about security asking a mom to stop BFing at Bridgeport Village.  There will be a gathering at 1-4 showing support.  Has anyone heard about this?  I'd like more info please.

Julieknit.gif, DP to modifiedartist.gif, mama to DD (7)dust.gif , and DS (5)joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-26-2011, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Here is the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=163947307032961

From reading through the comments, it sounds like Bridgeport Village is being very cooperative with the Breastfeeding Coalition of Oregon.  My guess is that this was probably a lone security guard who had not had proper training on Oregon law.  But regardless, moms will be there peacefully nursing throughout the complex.  And Mr. Ben will be there from 1-2 (near the play structure, I believe)!

So come on down and help to normalize public breastfeeding!

Wife to DH geek.gif, mom to DS (4/09), and DD (8/11)fly-by-nursing2.gif, and crafty and hardworking in my own right!  In my parenting journey I've  delayedvax.gif, signcirc1.gif, familybed2.gif, h20homebirth.gif, andcd.gif.  To each family their own!!

"There are words for people like me, but I don't think there are very many."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page