can anyone help me find a new dr in portland? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-25-2011, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I have a 4 yr old and a 7 week old, zero vaccines. We had a great doctor that respected our decision to not vax. He has left the practice and our replacement dr is a sweet enough woman, but a nightmare for a non-vax family.Will NOT let up! It's awful. I really would like to find a regular ol western doctor that is at least respectful. Anyone know of one in portland or? I have a natural dr and a chiro. Any help would be much appreciated. tia! :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-26-2011, 11:45 PM

We see Dr. Paul Thomas in Beaverton and he's always been respectful of our decision not to vax, the practice is called Integrative Pediatrics.  The practice DH and I see is called Integrative Primary Care Associates and it's in Northwest Portland and they are a family practice and they also see children-their children's intake form even has a section for what your beliefs about vaccines are.  You can also post in the Finding your Tribe Section for more ideas.

Stay-at-home Mama to my fabulous DD (10/08)  and DS (9/12) and wife to my just-as-fabulous DH

#3 of 6 Old 11-27-2011, 11:53 AM

We went to Dr. Thomas as well, but found that he was pressuring us into getting certain vaccines. We saw Mallory his pediatric nurse practitioner and she was fabulous! She never pressured us and she was so gentle and caring with our little one. Try Dr. Thomas because he's a great pediatrician, but if he or any of his nurses starts pressuring you, don't be discouraged. Just switch to Mallory smile.gif

I did have a bad experience with his older nurse. Once she found out that my DS wasn't vaccinated, she seriously insisted that I walk out the side door. I gathered my stuff and walked out the waiting room door. My DS got her back on the next visit by peeing on her head while she was weighing him. It was an accident because he was only a few months old but it was hilariuos!
#4 of 6 Old 11-27-2011, 11:54 AM

We went to Dr. Thomas as well, but found that he was pressuring us into getting certain vaccines. We saw Mallory his pediatric nurse practitioner and she was fabulous! She never pressured us and she was so gentle and caring with our little one. Try Dr. Thomas because he's a great pediatrician, but if he or any of his nurses starts pressuring you, don't be discouraged. Just switch to Mallory smile.gif

I did have a bad experience with his older nurse. Once she found out that my DS wasn't vaccinated, she seriously insisted that I walk out the side door. I gathered my stuff and walked out the waiting room door. My DS got her back on the next visit by peeing on her head while she was weighing him. It was an accident because he was only a few months old but it was hilariuos!
#5 of 6 Old 12-01-2011, 07:44 AM

Moving to FTY for local responses. smile.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#6 of 6 Old 12-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Try Dr.Ed Hauffman.  I don't know the name of the practice, but I know lots of women that love him & he is no-vax friendly.

Christa ~ Mom to Hannah (5), Keira (3) & Lexi (17 months)

HBA2C mama

Student doula

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page