Monitrice just moved to Idaho Falls area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-14-2011, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just wanted to introduce myself to those in the Idaho Falls/Ammon area.  My name is Jennifer Jeppson and I am a monitrice that has just moved here from MN.  I'm looking at starting up practice here in 2012 and will be serving Idaho Falls and surrounding areas.  I have experience with hospital and home births and am willing to work as a postpartum monitrice as well.  Feel free to call or message me with any questions you might have.  I look forward to serving this community for many years to come!

Jennifer

701-793-7281 

#2 of 5 Old 12-15-2011, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Welcome to the area.  I am up in Rexburg. 

Is there a difference between a Monitrice and a doula?  I had never heard of a Monitrice before and had to google what it meant.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

#3 of 5 Old 12-15-2011, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, we've been really happy here so far.  The difference between a doula and a monitrice is that I have medical training.  I offer my clients labor support like a doula, but am trained in neonatal resuscitation, adult and child cpr (I'm renewing my certification in Feb, I didn't work for 2 yrs and let it lapse), can check dilation, etc.  I also carry oxygen and medical supplies in case of a fast labor and delivery, or emergency.

#4 of 5 Old 12-16-2011, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Good to know.  Thank you.

oAlisha- eternal companion to mike:, mother to three energetic boys (02):, (05), and (07) and one sweet little girl 3/13.  Two in heaven.7/21/2010, 11/05/2011 mecry.gif.

#5 of 5 Old 12-16-2011, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

NP.  Most people haven't heard of us.  Doulas are becoming ever more popular, but we're still kind of rare.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page