Seattle area HBAC midwife? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-18-2011, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all,

I'm 5 weeks pregnant, and just found out that we are moving to Bellevue, WA next month.  I'm sad to leave my wonderful midwife here in Las Vegas!  I was scheduled for my first prenatal appointment around the end of January (at 10 weeks) but looks like we'll be moving before that.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good HBAC midwife in the Seattle area?  I've done some online searching but would prefer to hear some first hand experiences from anyone who has had a positive HBAC experience with a midwife in that area.

I'd prefer not to do a VBAC in a hospital setting (had a very traumatic experience with my son's birth 5 years ago in that setting) - but will happily take suggestions from people who have had positive experiences with providers in the Seattle area with a hospital VBAC.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-18-2011, 04:21 PM

Most HBAC midwives around here don't really want to be advertised, for political reasons... but you can come to an ICAN meeting (and/or sign up for the ICAN Yahoo group) and get some names there! smile.gif

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#3 of 6 Old 12-19-2011, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Will do - thanks for responding!

#4 of 6 Old 12-30-2011, 10:25 PM

Agree, that is your best resource. That's how I found mine :).

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
#5 of 6 Old 01-17-2012, 07:04 PM

Another reccomendation for Seattle's ICAN.  There are 2 midwives that attend vbacs who have eastside offices and several fron Seattle.  Good luck!

Allison, mom to 3, midwife,
#6 of 6 Old 02-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Hi!  Have you moved to Bellevue yet?  Any luck finding an HBAC midwife?  I am a doula in training and looking for clients.  If you are interested in having a doula (and don't have one yet)  I'd love to talk with you.  I can private message you my email address is you are interested in talking.

I hope you have found a midwife and are all settled in!

-Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylvesq View Post

Hi all,

I'm 5 weeks pregnant, and just found out that we are moving to Bellevue, WA next month.  I'm sad to leave my wonderful midwife here in Las Vegas!  I was scheduled for my first prenatal appointment around the end of January (at 10 weeks) but looks like we'll be moving before that.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good HBAC midwife in the Seattle area?  I've done some online searching but would prefer to hear some first hand experiences from anyone who has had a positive HBAC experience with a midwife in that area.

I'd prefer not to do a VBAC in a hospital setting (had a very traumatic experience with my son's birth 5 years ago in that setting) - but will happily take suggestions from people who have had positive experiences with providers in the Seattle area with a hospital VBAC.

Thanks in advance!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page