Mothering Forum banner

Seattle area HBAC midwife?

939 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  want2becrunchy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm 5 weeks pregnant, and just found out that we are moving to Bellevue, WA next month. I'm sad to leave my wonderful midwife here in Las Vegas! I was scheduled for my first prenatal appointment around the end of January (at 10 weeks) but looks like we'll be moving before that.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good HBAC midwife in the Seattle area? I've done some online searching but would prefer to hear some first hand experiences from anyone who has had a positive HBAC experience with a midwife in that area.

I'd prefer not to do a VBAC in a hospital setting (had a very traumatic experience with my son's birth 5 years ago in that setting) - but will happily take suggestions from people who have had positive experiences with providers in the Seattle area with a hospital VBAC.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Most HBAC midwives around here don't really want to be advertised, for political reasons... but you can come to an ICAN meeting (and/or sign up for the ICAN Yahoo group) and get some names there!
smile.gif

#6 ·
Hi! Have you moved to Bellevue yet? Any luck finding an HBAC midwife? I am a doula in training and looking for clients. If you are interested in having a doula (and don't have one yet) I'd love to talk with you. I can private message you my email address is you are interested in talking.

I hope you have found a midwife and are all settled in!

-Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommylvesq View Post

Hi all,

I'm 5 weeks pregnant, and just found out that we are moving to Bellevue, WA next month. I'm sad to leave my wonderful midwife here in Las Vegas! I was scheduled for my first prenatal appointment around the end of January (at 10 weeks) but looks like we'll be moving before that.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good HBAC midwife in the Seattle area? I've done some online searching but would prefer to hear some first hand experiences from anyone who has had a positive HBAC experience with a midwife in that area.

I'd prefer not to do a VBAC in a hospital setting (had a very traumatic experience with my son's birth 5 years ago in that setting) - but will happily take suggestions from people who have had positive experiences with providers in the Seattle area with a hospital VBAC.

Thanks in advance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.