PDX Mama's! In need of your spare milk please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-02-2012, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone have an over supply they could donate to me to help my baby boy!? he has been labeled failure to thrive and i need to supplement but he won't take formula. i am nursing/pumping around the clock, on domperidone and fenugreek, working w a IBCLC.really just need to give him about 1/2 oz extra per feeding to get him on track. Please let me know if you can help us, We would be eternally grateful. thankyou!   ~Amy

(sorry, NAK)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-02-2012, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I go back to work next week and am expecting to have an OS issue again (pumping does that to me) and while I haven't started yet, and I'm not sure how I could get it to you, if you're still looking next week PM me!!

Good Luck mama, and congrats!!

BTW, Mother Milk Tea (Traditional Medicinals...I literally get engorged just thinking about the stuff!!) has given lots of women I know good results. Also, I don't know what your situation is with baby (preemie? In NICU?) but kangaroo care has been shown to be very effective in helping babies who need a bit of developmental support. Basically, spend as MUCH time as possible topless with him on your chest (in just a diaper). Put a blanket on top of you, or a button down shirt/robe to stay warm if needed. This might also help your milk supply.

Lactivist-athiest-feminist wife to DH hola.gif , mommy-in-training to beautiful DS Kai, 9/2011 joy.gif

namaste.gif,intactivist.gif,familybed1.gif, saynovax.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page