Waldorf Homeschooling Group or Waldorf Families in PDX? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-08-2012, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!  I have three sons (9, 7, 6) and I am looking to find a Waldorf homeschooling group or families who Waldorf homeschool.  We just left our charter school over the holiday break and we are starting out homeschooling.  I am looking for families who are like minded in raising their children.  I find many resources for younger children but finding families who have older children that are homeschooling in a Waldorf like fashion seem to be hard to come by.  Any ideas or suggestions would be super appreciated.  Thanks much! 

Stay At Home Mama to Three Sons (11, 9, and 8.)  Many, many miscarriages in the past 8 years.  chicken3.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 01-13-2012, 10:35 PM

Hmmm, well, I only have a three year old, but we live in the PDX area, are sending our daughter to Waldorf-inspired preschool, and are thinking about homeschooling, so if you find anything, we would love to join :)

Stay-at-home Mama to my fabulous DD (10/08)  and DS (9/12) and wife to my just-as-fabulous DH

#3 of 7 Old 01-16-2012, 10:10 PM

Shining Star is a Waldorf school and has a program for homeschoolers where you can choose how many days your child attends. The director, Marsha Johnson, has a website with many resources for homeschooling families as well as a Yahoo Group.  I also remember that Portland Waldorf School has a one day a week program for homeschoolers.  Were you at PVS?  

http://www.magicofwaldorf.com/  Marsha's website

http://www.shiningstarschool.com/ The school

Good luck!

#4 of 7 Old 01-25-2012, 10:24 AM

just chiming in to say that shining star is a very sweet and community oriented school. luck to you!

hang.gif  single, scholar, childbirth advocate mama goodvibes.gif + two lively, rambunctious, beautiful, insightful and whoa-spirited dds, 4.5 and 8. fencing.gif + a sweet chunky boy born august 7, 2011!  + .....our sweet old lady dog, 10 years young. love.gif   = one full cup 

#5 of 7 Old 04-30-2012, 12:15 AM

I just moved to PDX from San Diego and am a Waldorf homeschooling mama of a 10 year old and 8 year old boy and am also looking for like minded families to hike and work and play with.  I just finished my teacher training at the Waldorf Institute of Southern California, and am enjoying being home with the boys so much that I don't want to take a class outside of home. Are you still homeschooling?

#6 of 7 Old 05-27-2012, 09:37 PM

One year of Waldorf with my now 3 year old boy. I would be interested in a playdate or idea swapping mama session. I have considered home schooling but due to financial constraints I am working part time. Keep me posted! 

#7 of 7 Old 07-20-2012, 11:35 AM

We are Waldorf homeschoolers too! I have an almost 7 year old and almost 3 year old. We are moving to the Portland area in the next 3-6 months from NM and would love to find a group ahead of time. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page