Crunchies/Real Foodies north of Seattle - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for other "crunchy" families involved at least partially in the traditional food world (like WAPF, but I'm not a strict follower). There's a decent AP presence in Sno Co but evidently I care a lot more about traditional foods and alternative healthcare than AP, so that crowd was just not working for me. Mostly I'm here because I've exhausted all reasonable group meeting resources considering I do not have a car during the week. So if it's not reachable by a short bus ride, costs money, is early in the morning or late in the evening, I can't attend, which cuts out a huuuuge chunk of social outlets in the Seattle area, even more so for my interests. Hopefully I can find individuals to correspond with and meet up when it's actually convenient. So if anyone finds this and is interested, hit me up, I'll check back even if this thread dies and gets buried.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 02:46 PM

I don't know anything about the WAPF diet but I primarily eat whole foods. Right now i'm eating a spinach and goat cheese quesadilla with vegan Kimchi (firefly is so good). A typical snack us almond butter on a seaweed rice cake.

I'm into herbs and natural remedies and traditional evidence based healthcare.

I have a hard time with the attachment parenting crowd because my wee one sleeps in, so morning groups don't work for us . Also most attachment parents here are older professionals. I'm in my late 20's, broke, have lots of tattoos, a sarcastic and dark sense of humor and before having my baby girl spent more nights than not drinking and dancing in a honky tonk. So I don't have much in common with most Seattle parents. But was also a nanny and doula so I have one foot in a lot of worlds but rarely fit into any of them completely. If I sound like someone you might want to meet, great. If not, best of luck.

I'm in North Seattle

Married to my favorite person (together since '01, married since '05), the hapa papa to my queeuty quapa DD, born 10/11.

We baby wear, co-sleep, cloth diaper, don't vax and intend to nurse for a good long time.  

I don't care what you do as long as it works for your family.

Old 02-25-2012, 05:10 PM

Ha!  I just posted an intro post... I'm an attachment parent and our family is on GAPS, recovering my son from autism.  So we're "extremist WAPF" LOL

Life is crazy busy for us... my day seems consumed with taking my eldest to and from preschool in the morning, then putting the youngest down for a nap, then the big one down for a nap, then cooking dinner...

I would love to start meeting some crunchy WAPF-sy people and my house is pretty good for catchups on cold days but I'm pretty much only free between 9.30-11am!

Old 02-25-2012, 05:13 PM

Oh I meant to add... how far north are you talking?  I'm on the north side of the city in Ballard so not very far north.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I should have been a bit clearer in case anyone wanted to know. I meant North OF Seattle, not North Seattle, since I'm in north Everett. My husband works downtown so sometimes I take a 1.5 hour bus ride down there. Just seems like so incredibly few people up here are on the same page with me, but when we lived near Portland, I was practically tripping over other people with similar views of parenting and nutrition. And if they weren't in Portland, they were in Salem, or Eugene, and even rural areas. I miss my community so bad.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:07 PM

I live in Snohomish/Lake Stevens area and am looking for other like-minded mama's/families in the area.  Most people I know or meet with currently don't exactly have the same viewpoints as me when it comes to healthy/natural food choices, attachment parenting, babywearing etc.

User Tag List