Considering giving birth at Puget Sound Midwives and Birth Center and would like to hear other people's experiences - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-13-2012, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a first time mom that is pretty in tune with her body.  I believe that I am fully capable of doing a natural birth with out interventions.  I am currently seeing my Dr that has privliages at Swedish Edmonds but I have some concerns about doing a hospital birth. 

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-14-2012, 03:57 PM

We didn't have our baby at the Birth Center, but we did use the midwives (this was when Heiki & Ali were a "set").  Heiki delivered DS at home.  We were THRILLED with the care.  We had actually agreed to have an intern there.  Then DS was a little bit stuck--- he had the cord wrapped around his chest, on the outside of his arms/shoulder and then again around the neck.  He got the top of his head out but needed a bit more help.  Heike took over and was able to stretch the cord out enough to get him out.  He was born blue and limp and she handled it wonderfully.  She had O2 right there and was so *calm.*  I didn't realize until afterwords that there was actually a problem--- she was so calm and helpful.  I was so glad we weren't in the hospital where it would have become a huge emergency.  Anyway, I highly recommend the facility (which is beautiful) and the midwives!

#3 of 5 Old 03-16-2012, 06:12 PM

I had my baby at PSBC 5 months ago with Heike's team and I can't say enough good things about them. I had a long labor (47 hours), but got just the support I needed all the way through it and ended up giving birth in the tub, as planned. My mother, who worked as a nurse for 25 years, was there for the birth told me afterwards how impressed she was with the care: "You never would have gotten that kind of treatment in the hospital."

PS. Would recommend Liz Chalmer's Birth Zone class too.
#4 of 5 Old 03-25-2012, 11:45 AM

Ali deilvered my first baby, and Heiki my second (my third was a hospital birth for medical reasons).   This was back in 2000 and 2003.  I was very satisfied with their care in general.  We had a few complications with my first baby, and I thought it was handled quite well.  After she was born, we all felt pretty certain that I would have had a c-section if I had been in the hospital (my cervix started to swell at 7cm, and because I didn't have an epidural, I was able to walk around and get my daughter's head into the proper position - arnica also helped bring down the swelling).  Both of my daughters were waterbirths, which I can't say enough good things about. 

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

#5 of 5 Old 03-29-2012, 05:58 PM

I had my last 2 babies there, and I had an amazing experience both times.  Andrea was there for the birth of my 3rd son (she had twins a while after that, and I don't believe she's there anymore.)  Heike was there for my last baby, born in October.  I LOVED Heike.  I've always loved getting her at my prenatal visits, and I was so excited that got to attend our last birth.  She really is the most supportive, calm lady.  

I also saw Tonya and Nicole throughout my last pregnancy, and they were great as well.  I kind of preferred Nicole, but that's just because I felt like I overwhelmed  Tonya a bit...lol!  She seemed quieter to me, and I usually came in there with my 3 rowdy little boys.

Xzavier - 9 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif    Julien - 5  modifiedartist.gif   Jayce - 3  moon.gif    Jaxon - 18mos  jog.gif

Hoping for a babygirl.gif in November!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page