Searching for midwife for home birth or birth center North Seattle/Snohomish County/Eastside - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-15-2012, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm in the process of trying to find a good "fit" and have had recommendations for 

Brandy Ross

Sally Avenson (referred by current hospital midwife)

Jane Peterson

I'd like at least one more suggestion... as I've only received a response from two. I live in Snohomish County. I have a daughter and my experience with her hospital birth was not the most positive (although I loved the prenatal care) so hence the referral from my awesome midwife to Sally. I am interested in hearing the "mixed" reviews too so please private message me if there is anything I should consider in my search. 

Thank you in advance!

#2 of 7 Old 03-22-2012, 11:31 AM

Snohomish Midwives.  Melissa Denmark and Melissa Hughes are both great!!

#3 of 7 Old 03-25-2012, 08:42 PM

I loved, loved, loved Mel Parsons (midwifeseattle.com) and am very sad that I can't use her with this birth because I moved to Central Washington. I actually considered going back to Seattle for this birth just so that I could have her attend my birth again, but the logistics of prenatal appointments would have been crazy.

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
#4 of 7 Old 03-28-2012, 04:23 PM

I'm in my 8th month, and am currently working with the Melissas at Snohomish Midwives.  Both are wonderful.  I have been very happy with my experience there so far.  They alternate visits, which feels a little disjointed at first, but it really is a nice way to get to know them both so no matter which midwife is on call when I go into labor I'm totally confident that I'll have someone I'm comfortable with.  They really take the time to explain everything and answer all questions, and have been supportive of all my choices so far.  I'd suggest going there for a consult to see if they are a good fit.

Velvet - Mama to Trevor (6) Lucy (2) and a new little bean December 2014

novaxnocirc.gif  fambedsingle1.gif homeschool.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#5 of 7 Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 PM

We use Dr. Brandy as our pediatrician and really like her!  I've heard lots of great things about her midwifery as well.  I also have heard many rave reviews of Charlotte Geddis in Everett.  Many of my friends have used her and really like her!  Good luck!

#6 of 7 Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 PM

I would highly recommend Geraldine Lee (Fremont Midwifery).  She is very competent, caring, and easy to be around.

I have a negative review of one of the mw's you mentioned, but I don't want to publicly post so I'll send you a PM.

Good luck!

ETA- I have also heard great things about Chenelle Roberts at Docere :)

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

#7 of 7 Old 10-01-2012, 12:57 AM

I'm sure you found a Midwife by now, but if not. Look up Charlotte LacSeul.  She delivered my last baby and is really wonderful.   She's been a midwife for 25+ years, and trained most the midwives in this area.     Her offices are in Everett and Arlington. Here's her contact info.  Good luck hope your birth is (or was wonderful)

http://www.facebook.com/TheSpecialDeliveryCo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page