Twin Homebirth in WA (Tacoma/Puyallup) - Need *CNM* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-19-2012, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I also posted this in the homebirth forum, but I think I might get more feedback here.

I don't post on Mothering very often (at all), but please... I'm desperate here, ladies!

Any of this sound familiar?
A newly pregnant mother is assured by her ocal care provider that all her desires for a natural twin birth with a midwife, to include laboring in water and no other staff present, are completely doable. Flash forward a month, and she's told her prenatal care needs be "co-managed" by an OB.
Still, assured that OB needn't be present.
Next appointment, change of plans! The tub is out because it's twins.
Next appointment, told OB must be present for twins.
Then, I must deliver in OR.
Later told two doctors will be present. Oh, and there also needs to be two nurses.
Then... well, I've lost track of all the horse crap.

Our insurance will ONLY cover a home birth if it's with a CNM. No other form of midwife is acceptable, unfortunately. This was our original reason for choosing a hospital birth; we could only find CMs at the time.

Now that my care has gone down hill, I'm desperately and frantically seeking a CNM who serves the South Puyallup area.
So... anyone know of a CNM who will attend a TWIN home birth? I'm beyond desperate.

If it's relevant, our insurance is TriCare. A homebirth is covered, but only if it's a CNM. I'm 25 weeks already, so I realize that any CNM who'd do it will likely be booked already, but I need to at least try.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-31-2012, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

One of my friends, who's a doula, recommended that you contact Marie Wakefield in Puyallup.  I'm assuming that Tricare won't cover her though, but she may be able to help.  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page