Moving to Boise - looking for a tribe! And a doctor, dentist, etc.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-05-2012, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there!  We are moving from Seattle to Boise/Meridian at the end of April.  So I'm starting to try to lay some groundwork before we get there.  If you have any input, I'd love to hear it!

Playgroups/Moms Groups: looking for other AP mamas/families for playgroups and such.  Homeschooling families would be awesome too!  My kids range from 9mo-6yrs.

Family Doctor:  We see a ND here.  We're non-vaxing, home-birthing, and all-around pretty "natural" in most things.  I'm open to finding a ND, DO or MD, as long as they're cool with our lifestyle choices.

Names I've heard: Dr. Zieba (Meridian Pediatrics), Dr. Gail Eberharter, Dr. Anne Huycke

Dentist: Preferably one who's answer to everything isn't "drill & fill"

Names I've heard: Dr. James Pfost

That's all I can think of right now... Any information would be very appreciated!

- Judy

#2 of 4 Old 08-31-2012, 09:23 PM

Hi Judy!  We just moved here, too, and I'm wondering if you've found any answers to your questions?  I tried to PM, but can't (not enough posts, yet?).  I'd love to hear, as I'm searching now, too.  Thanks in advance...:)

#3 of 4 Old 09-03-2012, 08:02 AM

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#4 of 4 Old 09-05-2012, 03:17 PM

Dr. Daniela Grigore is a pediatrician at St. Al's RMG in Eagle. So far, she has been supportive of delaying/not vaccinating. Our son is only seven months, so it remains to be seen if we might encounter a problem when we tell her we're planning to do homeopathic vaccines only, but I really don't anticipate it being an issue. Our current family doctor is Dr. Nasser at CCFM (hubby and I), but we're both planning to switch providers. He's a good doctor, and somewhat open to alternative health, but he "fired" our son when we decided to delay or not vaccinate with #2. I have personally moved more toward natural health over the years, and he isn't as good a match for my current philosophy as he used to be. BUT, if you have to "settle" for a mainstream medical doctor, he's not bad. We're planning to switch to Dr. Eberharter, but she has a six-month wait time for new patient appointments. Just FYI.

I saw Georgianna Ainsley, CNM, for my last pregnancy, but she's in a practice with OBs, and it wasn't as natural as I would have liked. I liked Julia Swart, a homebirth midwife, but Idaho has some ridiculous restrictions on who can have home midwifery care. I didn't qualify, so I went with the midwife who'd delivered my first son. I did find her care more medicalized this time, though I didn't have any new risk factors. I'm overweight but was w/ my last pregnancy too--even weighed 20 pounds more then. They were totally obsessed with addressing all my supposed weight-related factors this time around, including wanting me to have a biophysical profile "just in case" (went into labor naturally before it was scheduled) and lovenox injections after my C-section--even though it took almost an hour for them to stop the bleeding after my failed VBAC and subsequent C-s. No thanks! I like her, and I liked her OB partner who did my unexpected surgery, but it wasn't the type of birth I wanted. KWIM?

I don't have a great dentist recommendation, unfortunately. I'm not thrilled w/ our current dentist's practice. They are very much "drill and fill". Our son sees a ped. dentist, Dr. Christopher Loveland. He's less mainstream than some dentists, but still recommends things like fluoride and dental sealants. I'd love to find a good holistic dentist for the whole family--well, me and the kids. My hubby isn't as into natural health as I am. :-)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page