Anyone along the Road to Rainier? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-03-2012, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi mamas,

I don't know if that's what it's really called, or not, but my husband is interviewing for a position in Eatonville. I have searched a fair bit and have found the co-op, the new feed/antiques place, Bruno's has a lot of beer on tap, etc., but am mostly curious about the school system.

I have a child who would do best in a high ability program and I'm pretty sure he'd qualify for a full-time program (he's in a pull out right now, which is all that's offered at our school).  I'd also like to keep commuting to a minimum so while I know Puyallup and even Bethel have high ability programs, that would put my husband's commute around 20+ miles each way and the nature of his work is that he sometimes gets called in after hours to deal with emergencies.

Does anyone know anything about Eatonville schools and if there's not a high ability program, how has the administration been to work with (either regarding that issue or other issues)?

Anyone?

(I have more questions but this is certainly most pressing!)

Thanks!

gv

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004
#2 of 5 Old 05-05-2012, 04:06 PM

You might want to add that its in Washington, cause there is a Rainer, Oregon too!  

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#3 of 5 Old 05-06-2012, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post

You might want to add that its in Washington, cause there is a Rainer, Oregon too!  

Thank you.  Yes, Eatonville, WA not Rainier, WA or Rainier, OR!  The Road to Mount Rainier National Park. smile.gif

Anyone in the area?

#4 of 5 Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm not in that area, but from what I've heard/read about Eatonville schools is that they are not that great.  I don't know what they have now as far as a gifted program, but they used to not start it until 4th grade (this was in 2005).  There is also limited school choice right in Eatonville.  Is homeschooling or cyberschooling an option?  Otherwise you may need to move further out from Eatonville to get the schooling you want for your child.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#5 of 5 Old 05-08-2012, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks.  That's what it looks like from their website but I was hoping the reality was a bit better...  My patience and I may need to have a serious talk about homeschooling.

Is anyone from Eatonville or near there?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page