Puyallup (or Bethel) schools? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-03-2012, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,

My family is moving to Washington in about a month. My husband will be working in Eatonville. We are considering living in the Suth Hill area of Puyallup. I'm curious how you've found the elementary schools. Which school has your child(ren) attended? Which high school has the best reputation and strongest academic offerings (IB program or AP classes)? Has anyone had a child in the high ability program? If so, how is it? Has anyone dealt with twin placement?

Thanks! This will help guide our house hunting. I think we're going to try and not land in Bethel School District. Does anyone know anything about it?

gv

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004
#2 of 3 Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 PM

I grew up in Puyallup and I live on South Hill now.  I went to Puyallup High School and thought it was fine, but Rogers High School is the one on South Hill and I heard, maybe from my mom, that it's supposed to be better than Puyallup High school (in the valley).  My son is 4 and in a developmental preschool at Sunrise Elementary School (public and on South Hill), and his teacher is amazing.  I went to Waller Road elementary in the puyallup school district and it was good too, but it's closer to tacoma.

My parents live in Eatonville and live on Clear Lake, and my brother went to the Eatonville schools. If you have any questions you want me to ask them, just let me know and I can ask.  Graham is nice and woodsy too...I think it's in the Bethel school district.  I don't know much about the Bethel school district, but I did have a friend from church who went to that school district and she was very smart and took lots of advanced classes, so I guess they must offer them.  

Oh, also, there is always the option of doing Running Start here...where high school students can go to the community college nearby and those credits can count toward college.  I did that at PHS and it was great.  PHS was really encouraging about it.  

And just a warning about South Hill, if you live near Meridian, it's very crowded and traffic is terrible.  We try to go on the back roads to get places and that helps a lot.  

And really, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I can ask around.  And if there are certain neighborhoods you're looking at for a house, I can ask around about the safety of those neighborhoods too.  I feel really safe where we live, but we lived in Kent before moving here almost four years ago, and Kent was very unsafe.

I hope this helps!

#3 of 3 Old 07-07-2012, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I've PM'ed you.

Anyone with experience in the Bethel School District?

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page