Seeking Seattle Area Homebirth Midwife Recommendation - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 07-03-2012, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
Dia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, 

I couldn't any recent threads about this. I am looking for recommendations for a homebirth midwife in the Seattle area. 

Specifically, anyone have experience with Geradline Lee at Fremont Midwifery? 

All recommendations appreciated. THANK YOU!

Mama to one amazing ecbaby2.gif
#2 of 17 Old 07-03-2012, 12:05 PM

Hi! I don't know how you feel about going to the eastside, but I absolutely adored the midwives at Puget Sound Birth Center in Kirkland (they do homebirth as well, which is what I did). I saw Val, Ali & Sunita, but I know the other team is awesome as well!

I also know a number of people that love Brandy Ross in Lynnwood.

I recognize the name Geraldine but I can't place who I know that has been with her - sorry! 

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#3 of 17 Old 07-09-2012, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter
Dia

Thank you very much for replying! I've heard a lot of recommendations for PSBC. Anyone have others? I would prefer to stay in Seattle :)

#4 of 17 Old 07-10-2012, 10:07 PM

I think Geraldine is practicing with Tracy Cooper who was one of my midwives when I was pg with my 1st and 2nd.  Tracy didn't deliver my kids because it was her partner that was on call but I loved her! 

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#5 of 17 Old 07-10-2012, 10:13 PM

Oh I've also heard people talk positively about Tracy McDaniel at One Sky Wellness on roosevelt-no personal experience though.

#6 of 17 Old 07-11-2012, 12:22 AM

I think I met with Geraldine and her partner when DH and I were interviewing care providers with our first.

We ended up going with Val and Ali at PSBC (Sunita was the student midwife at the time).  they were just down the street from my work and I could go to an apt. during my lunch hour.

DH like Geraldine and Tracy best out of all the MW we spoke with.  

#7 of 17 Old 07-11-2012, 12:13 PM

Sunita is our pediatrician and we love her. I don't think she's with PSBC anymore, though her office is still in the same building. I *love* her and would absolutely trust her as a midwife.

We also interviewed Tracy McDaniel to be our pediatrician and we really liked her, too. Sunita just seemed to click more with us.

Before we met either of them, we chose to go with the team at Rainy City Midwifery in Eastlake at Seattle Center for Birth. We had a great experience with them. They're very personal and offer very safe care. I, however, wound up birthing in the hospital so none of them were there for my son's birth, which was a bummer. 

#8 of 17 Old 07-11-2012, 12:40 PM

So very many of my friends have had Christina Gutierrez at Ground Floor Health (Fremont) as their midwife (she's also an ND).  If I had a third child, I'd probably go to her for midwifery since she's been our ND for a while now and she has a relationship with our whole family.

That said, I used Rainy City Midwifery (East Lake Union) and Lynn Hughes ended up catching my baby at our home.  It was a wonderful experience--they have a birth center now and a massage therapist and an acupuncturist in the office.  (As an aside, Jasmine Bay was my wonderful acupuncturist and doula for the birth--amazing!  And she works with Rainy City.)

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#9 of 17 Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1rlg0ne View Post

Sunita is our pediatrician and we love her. I don't think she's with PSBC anymore, though her office is still in the same building. I *love* her and would absolutely trust her as a midwife.
We also interviewed Tracy McDaniel to be our pediatrician and we really liked her, too. Sunita just seemed to click more with us.

Before we met either of them, we chose to go with the team at Rainy City Midwifery in Eastlake at Seattle Center for Birth. We had a great experience with them. They're very personal and offer very safe care. I, however, wound up birthing in the hospital so none of them were there for my son's birth, which was a bummer. 

Oh Sunita was a student of Tracy Cooper and Michelle Sarju when I was seeing them with my second. She was at my ds' birth and was far enough along in her studies that she did most of the work. She was fabulous!

#10 of 17 Old 07-13-2012, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter
Dia

Thank you all very much - really appreciate it! 

#11 of 17 Old 09-04-2012, 11:06 PM

Seattle Home Maternity has locations in Eastlake and Columbia City (for prenatals) and im planning a homebirth in February. I've only had one visit and my second is tomorrow but so far, so good. smile.gif

Laotian girl, who went from heavy partying to peaceful parenting, to 'Humnoy' (3/13/2011) and 'Lanoi' (2/05/2013)

Mama behind the Breastfeeding Toddler Positions meme and blogging about non-mainstream ideas of parenting at TheLaotianCommotion.com

#12 of 17 Old 09-09-2012, 03:54 AM

+1 for PSBC... Heir, Tonya and Nicole are amazing. I particularly like Tonya.
#13 of 17 Old 09-09-2012, 03:55 AM

Oops sorry, that's Heike not Heir. Thanks autocorrect eyesroll.gif
#14 of 17 Old 09-09-2012, 06:38 PM

Hello - I am new to Mothering so sorry if I am repeating info, but I am delivering with Rainy City Midwifery - eastlake area.  So far I love them and a friend of mine also recently delivered with them...and had a great experience.  Good luck :)

#15 of 17 Old 09-12-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmathern View Post

Hello - I am new to Mothering so sorry if I am repeating info, but I am delivering with Rainy City Midwifery - eastlake area.  So far I love them and a friend of mine also recently delivered with them...and had a great experience.  Good luck smile.gif

That's who we went with, too! Are you birthing at home or at the birth center? Great folks there!

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#16 of 17 Old 09-27-2012, 11:38 PM

Had my last beautiful baby with Charlotte LacSeul, LM  (the Special Delivery co) at home she was amazing and took wonderful care of me. Her clinic is in Everett and Arlington, but its worth the drive.   A friend of mine who also delivered with her said, "she's worth getting pregnant for."   

I know she's not much of a website person but she's got facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSpecialDeliveryCo

#17 of 17 Old 09-27-2012, 11:57 PM

Chiming in a bit late, I know! Geraldine Lee is wonderful- cannot recommend her highly enough. She was our MW with DS, and we were very happy with her. Hope you decided on someone you like, good luck smile.gif

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page