Visiting Moscow -- looking for family-friendly places to stay, eat and play! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-08-2012, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mamas,

My big boy (16) is going to look at the U of Idaho at the end of the month. My little girl (2.5 years) and little boy (5) are coming, too! It looks like Moscow is an amazing place and I want to learn as much as I can about it, in case we want to move there! Where do you recommend staying? Eating? Playing? Thanks!

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
#2 of 3 Old 07-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

LOL! When I first saw your post I thought you meant Moscow Russia and was going to move your thread. shy.gif

I don't have anything to suggest but I thought I'd bump your post up for attention. smile.gif

#3 of 3 Old 07-10-2012, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh geez.  I never had to stay in a hotel there before, so I'm no help.   There's not a ton of scummy places though, so you should be fairly safe.  Hubby says the Hampton should be really good.
Saturday Farmer's Market in downtown rocks.  It's 8am-noon I think?  The flagship Tri-State is there on the Moscow-Pullman Hwy.  So. much. fun.  Well, at least for me - camping, cooking, clothes, great shoe selection, it's just fun.  

There's a water park there somewhere, I can't remember the address.  I remember old coworkers taking there kids there and loving it on hot days.

There's a groovy co-op that's like a little Trader Joe's - cute, but expensive.

Eating...  well shoot.  All my old haunts have since closed up.  I think one Chinese place *might* still be there.

The mall's back up on the upswing and has very few vacancies (was practically half empty at one point in the last 10 years).  There's a lovely game/computer (nerd) store there in the mall that I'd say is pretty trustworthy.  :)

Walking around campus... the lawn up by the Admin building is very pretty, and things should be fairly nice and leafy this time of year.  The cows in the Ag dept may be worth looking at if they're out on the pasture by the road - some of the cows have glass stomachs (I think it's UI, not WSU, but I could be wrong - I know WSU has the bears and Ferdinand's ice cream and so on).  There's also the UI arboretum, a fun walk.  Beware of couples, uh, coupling there, if you take the little ones.

Wife to an amazing hubby, mother hen to four chicken3.gif 
(If you're curious, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2010, and yes, it's a busy house)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page