Looking for Chicken Pox in Kirkland - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 07-12-2012, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all. I just moved here from Austin and I am looking for chicken pox for my four kids. I know the odds are slim but I would love to hear from anyone at anytime. Crossing my fingers I can get it over with before school starts.

#2 of 26 Old 07-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Hi mom4! Did you find any chicken pox?

#3 of 26 Old 08-03-2012, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

nope, nothing yet. I have been looking for years. I am starting to think I will have to bite the bullet and just get the vac :(

#4 of 26 Old 08-27-2012, 12:25 AM

Don't give up- I had a friend of mine in Port Orchard who found someone and exposed her kids a few months ago- it's out there somewhere.....I'd like to find it too!

#5 of 26 Old 09-27-2012, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

not jumping the gun, but there is a chance my youngest is incubating it! (We live in a town that shares a border with Kirkland) my kids spent a good bit of time with someone 2 days before they got spots. thats the outer-edge of the contagious period, but possible!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#6 of 26 Old 09-27-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome! Keep me posted :)

#7 of 26 Old 09-03-2013, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Still looking for Chicken Pox in or around the Kirkland area. If anyone hears something let me know. :) Thank you!

#8 of 26 Old 09-15-2013, 09:54 AM

Following...
#9 of 26 Old 10-28-2013, 07:45 PM

Please keep me in the loop if you find anything!  I heard from a doctor today that there are a few cases in Kirkland right now.  I'm just trying to find them!  Sadly, most people are probably to scared to reach out, share and keep this chain going.  I have a 2 year old and live in Bothell.  Thanks ladies!

#10 of 26 Old 12-05-2013, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Still looking. Anybody here anything?

#11 of 26 Old 01-03-2014, 09:37 PM

Following along too smile.gif we are on day 16 after exposing for a second time and I'm not hopeful, but planning to keep looking in the area!
#12 of 26 Old 01-03-2014, 11:49 PM

Oh boy! Lucky!  Please, let me know if you see any signs of fever or bumps.  I would love to get my daughter exposed.  I'll bring a gourmet lunch if I could met you at your door for a swab or something. ;)  I'm in Mill Creek. 

#13 of 26 Old 01-04-2014, 02:28 AM

I will for sure post again if it's good news! I'm truly thinking that c.p. isn't as highly contagious as it is reported to be.. At least, that has been my experience, unfortunately..I'm really thinking that it's far more contagious before spots ever show up! If we don't see spots here by tomorrow evening, then I'll count us out...but all fingers and all toes crossed till then!!
#14 of 26 Old 01-04-2014, 10:20 AM

Don't give up so fast. It can incubate for up to 21 says.

I've also heard that it's normal for it to take a couple exposures to finally catch it. Took my dd 3x.when she finally got them, so did every other kid who was there!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#15 of 26 Old 02-01-2014, 08:49 PM

Just in case anyone is watching this thread - we are now on day 13 after exposure #3. Nothing yet, and I'm not super hopeful, but am giving it till Wednesday to see if it worked this time. Fingers crossed!
#16 of 26 Old 02-01-2014, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

good luck! Ill cross my fingers for you too!

#17 of 26 Old 02-01-2014, 08:54 PM

Thank you!! Did you find some for your kiddos already? (Hopefully you did, I know it's been quite a while since this thread was started!)
#18 of 26 Old 02-01-2014, 09:05 PM

Oh, I hope your kids get it! A friend in Portland is on pox watch and I've been considering a last minute trip if her kids get spotty. I'd love for you to spare me the trip! Lol. The good news is, it sounds like there's some scattered pox cases around the pnw and we can all hope it will make its way to our kids

#19 of 26 Old 02-01-2014, 10:33 PM

How are you finding exposure? I am on a few FB groups but all I have seen is pox that is out of state. Can you guys direct me somewhere better? It seems so elusive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncertain View Post

Just in case anyone is watching this thread - we are now on day 13 after exposure #3. Nothing yet, and I'm not super hopeful, but am giving it till Wednesday to see if it worked this time. Fingers crossed!
#20 of 26 Old 02-05-2014, 08:59 PM

Well, I've just been following the same strain around - someone in my kiddo's school contracted it accidentally, so we exposed to them (fail), then two weeks later to another classmate who contracted it from classmate #1 (fail #2), then another two weeks later exposed to a family member of classmate #2 (and given that we are now on day 18 with no signs whatsoever, I'm calling this fail#3). Extremely frustrating, and clearly I need to find a different strain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNaturalMama2 View Post

How are you finding exposure? I am on a few FB groups but all I have seen is pox that is out of state. Can you guys direct me somewhere better? It seems so elusive!

#21 of 26 Old 02-05-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post

Oh, I hope your kids get it! A friend in Portland is on pox watch and I've been considering a last minute trip if her kids get spotty. I'd love for you to spare me the trip! Lol. The good news is, it sounds like there's some scattered pox cases around the pnw and we can all hope it will make its way to our kids

I would totally make the drive to Portland for pox!! Any word on your friend's kiddos?
#22 of 26 Old 02-05-2014, 09:06 PM

Not heard anything. Wanna carpool if I do? Lol

#23 of 26 Old 02-05-2014, 09:07 PM

I am 100% in!!!
#24 of 26 Old 02-05-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post

Not heard anything. Wanna carpool if I do? Lol
I am 100% in!!!
#25 of 26 Old 02-05-2014, 10:19 PM

That is frustrating! How are you exposing? My ND said a good way is to pop a blister, swab it and introduce that to the hopeful child's nose. Of course, only if the poor pox child is ok with it... Nose to nose swabs are also effective apparently. I hope the Portland strain works out for you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncertain View Post

Well, I've just been following the same strain around - someone in my kiddo's school contracted it accidentally, so we exposed to them (fail), then two weeks later to another classmate who contracted it from classmate #1 (fail #2), then another two weeks later exposed to a family member of classmate #2 (and given that we are now on day 18 with no signs whatsoever, I'm calling this fail#3). Extremely frustrating, and clearly I need to find a different strain!
#26 of 26 Old 02-05-2014, 10:27 PM

The closest I have seen a get is Colorado on my FB group. There is one Mom exposing right now and about 6 on pox watch from exposure in the last couple weeks. If you have any interest in joining the nationwide group, it is closed but I can temporarily friend request you to add you to the group. I also am in a local one but it hasn't had any action.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page