Stupid OHP!!! Help finding a new ND in PDX?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just got a letter today from my lovely ND, Dr. Susan Allen of Triangolo Family Clinic in Portland... apparently, OHP, after sending me a bunch of letters telling me that all my providers would stay the same, dropped my ND's family practice. They get away with it because they never allowed her clinic to be on my card as a primary care physician! This is such total BS... I am SOOOOO angry right now. I have no idea how I'm going to build trust with a traditional MD. I'm so upset... so many of my mama friends who are also on OHP have her too... we're all looking for a new doctor now. Can they do this? I'm in shock and my head is spinning right now, but I know I need to find a good OHP provider who is okay with delayed/selective vaccines and won't jump to antibiotics or medicalized solutions to every problem... help? Anyone in Portland have any recs for a good naturopathic-friendly MD family doctor? I'm on the west side, close in, if that helps.

Thanks!

Moo.

#2 of 5 Old 09-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

Bumping for input. Anyone have a good recommendation to offer?

#3 of 5 Old 09-01-2012, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Aww... thanks, Cynthia! I'm happy to report that there is ONE naturopath in Portland that still works with OHP. It's a clinic in the Pearl District. If anyone needs the info, feel free to PM me about it. :)

Moo.

#4 of 5 Old 09-05-2012, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, we went today and while I like the new ND for me, I'm not a fan of her for my kiddo... she didn't even have a baby scale in the office! Let alone toys... the woman was wearing a skin tight dress and heels for heaven's sake... with a full manicure. Not terribly practical for baby care. She barely even looked at him and when she did examine him, she was overly cautious and clinical, and she didn't introduce herself to him or really even talk to him at all. The whole scenario did not make me feel like she would know what to do in case of an emergency with my kiddo... so now I am resorting to MDs... anyone have a delayed vax schedule friendly pediatrician to recommend in Portland? On the west side close-in preferably... :)

Moo.

#5 of 5 Old 09-12-2012, 10:12 PM

check out laura dahl at pediatric associates of the northwest. 503-636-4508....she is awesome and has no issue with me not vaxing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page